• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rock jam nationals

kwoods71

Our local offroad club was aproached by state fair board to put a rock race on memorial day weekend at the State fair grounds in Duquion, IL. Were looking for any all rigs to put on a good show. There paying $9000 for the 3 classes. My dad approached Brian Cole and a few other people at gray rock 2 weeks ago so were tryin to get the word out! Any and all vendors are welcome! several hundred camping spots available with power and sewer hookups. I know alot of you guys are located in the TN area this event would be about 4 hours from nashville, TN If anyone was wondering on the distance.For more info check out the website.
I
www.rockjamnationals.com

any other questions let me know.

Man this is the first year for this event, 3 of the guys that are involved with us have helped at the king of the hammers and xrra events for pirate4x4 with the photography ect ect. we have the course all laid out and dirt work is going to start this week. I'll try and get some pics up. the area was just released from the state ( it was a protected area for birds or somethin) it looks like a nice golf course. The track is going to have a little bit of everything in it, highspeed and technical sections and some jumps. Were also goin to run 2 rigs at once on the same lane and there going to be 25' to 30' wide. like I said I will try to get some pics that we took yesterday on here or the website for it. Our guys that went to the hammers talked to several racers that were very interested in the race with the amount of money that's up for grabs. crawl mag is suppost to be coming also I was told.

my only quistion is can i join the 3k and 1 k class i have full frame and full body
i damn sure drive for the chance to win both classs

Hello hardline crawlers. My buddy kyle wanted to post up some pics of the event site for the ROCK JAM. Here they are. For more info check out http://www.rockjamnationals.com/ and also the pirate4x4 Rock jam post @ http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=870521

Here's a shot of the starting line as it stands now. That's right BLACKTOP. It's gonna be a drag race to the first turn. You can see the area on the left were the course will drop off the black top for a killer banked left hand turn
054.jpg

The next two pics are the rolling hills where the bulk of the course will be. Big rocks are gonna be trucked in for obstacles of course.
056.jpg

060.jpg

After the course roams around in the rolling hills you'll cross over into this flat area. This will be a spot for max exposure to everyone at the event to include those checking out the mud races that will be going on.
067.jpg

And here's your Rock Jam planning crew plotting the course on a aerial map to aid in planning for obstacle placement.
050.jpg

thanks man! maybe when we get the track done in a few weeks, everybody will get a better idea of it's going to look like. this track will not dissapoint! thumb.gif

Nice pics! I belive Mr. Woods failed to mention the beer tents and bands that are going to be playing!!! Everyone should come!! This should be an awesome time, should be penty to do in the event of a breakdown or even if you don't want to race!!!!

ya there still working on the comercial and stuff. there are flyers around at some local buisnesses in the area. construction on the track starts this friday and saturday!

The rock jam crew was out at the event site last friday to work on the course. The DuQuion fair grounds maintaince crew as well as 3 guys from Mathis and sons excavating were there to do the heavy lifting. Here's a few pics of the progress.
042.jpg

We focused on areas of the course that needed major dirt work. once the obstacles are constructed the whole course will be disked (SP?) up for a fresh dirt track surface

024.jpg

029.jpg

041-1.jpg

All three of these pics are the of the first rock obstacle we constructed on the course. It is wide enough for multiple angles of attack and is pretty difficult. That's my tj on 40" ltb's just to give you an idea of what you guys will be dealing with on race day.
012-1.jpg

Here is a pic of the area of the course that will be closest to the Mud Racing that will also be going on. Expect a rock obstacle and also a sweet table top jump in this section.

I'll post up more pics as we continue to work on the course. We have had a bunch of rain in the last few days but we are hoping to get back at it as soon as possible!

Vid of the entire Rock Jam track!

Rock Jam Nats Track Preview HQ

We have had strong local interest in the Trail Gunner and Stock classes. However, interest in the Unlimited class has been minimal. We have built our track based around these Ultra 4 type cars and think that this event has a lot to offer including a $6,000 purse for the unlimited class alone and $3,000 of that is for first place!. Drivers, don't leave that cash on the table! Help us show the good people of Southern Illinois what a rock race is all about. Those of you that recall the Car Craft Street Machine Nationals know that there is huge interest in motor sports here and those days proved that Du Quoin and the surrounding area can draw HUGE crowds.

Just to clarify, the Rock Jam Off Road Nationals race is actually just one part of a larger 3 day Off Road event called the Midwest Mud and Off Road Nationals. The event will take place on May 28th, 29th and 30th at the Du Quoin State Fairgrounds in Du Quoin, IL. There will be 3 days of Mud Racing, truck and car shows, Monster truck rides, flea market and swap meets, live music, and beer. Unlimited class rock racing begins Saturday morning at 10:00, Trail Gunner and Stock class rock racing will begin Sunday at 11:00. For more info about the Rock Jam, click here http://rockjamnationals.com/index.html

If you plan to race please post up or send a PM. We hope to see you in a few weeks!

Nate Scott
Rock Jam Off Road Nationals
http://rockjamnationals.com/index.html

Is anyone planning on coming to this?

It is gonna be a good track and a great time! :****:

There is gonna be beer tents and live bands...how could you possibly miss it?

Stock Class
35" tires or smaller
Stock type axles
Stock style suspension
Street legal
Factory seat belts or equivalent
Roll cage or factory steel roof
Fire extinguisher
Approved helmet
Entry Fee:$25

Prize Money:
1st = $500
2nd = $250
3rd = $150
4th = $100

Trail Gunners
50% or more of the stock frame
Stock firewall and 50% of the stock floor
Minimum 4 point roll cage. Cage must be designed to adequately protect the occupant in the event of a rollover
D.O.T approved shoulder harness minimum (harness strongly recommended, NO LAP BELTS
Fire extinguisher
Approved helmet
Entry Fee:$50

Prize Money:
1st = $1,000
2nd = $500
3rd = $300
4th = $200

Unlimited Class
Full roll cage. Cage must be designed to adequately protect the occupant in the event of a rollover
Fire suit
Fire extinguisher
Approved helmet
Entry Fee:$100

Prize Money:
1st = $3,000
2nd = $1,500
3rd = $900
4th = $600

**All class rules subject to the tech officials interpretation at time of check in.

Bring everybody!!

KXCRAWLER13 said:
damn that track looks to easy !!!!can i run the trail gunner and unlimited without fire suit

The track is exactly what we wanted. Seems like most racers want to go fast so we built the track accordingly. It will be easy for most of the Unlimited and Trail Gunner rigs but I can assure you that some well equipped rigs can and will get hung up in the rock gardens.

Forecast is looking good, come on up to Illinois and join us for the Rock Jam!