• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rock Quarries

olywa

Anyone know of any quarries around the Rochester,Elma, or Olympia area that have Granite or other hard rock.....Not wanting the black rock that is everywhere around here..... or a line on old concrete culverts, slabs or ???

Columbia Granite in Vail has some good stuff. Jones Quarry had some decent stuff at one time. There used to be a very small granite quarry in Tenino but I can't recall the name. If DJ Blake is still open in Oakville I'd swing in and ask them.

Thanks guys....trying to track down loads of rock for the ORV park.....Need help finding any and all items to build a small badd a$$ playground.....

most likely too far but the "washington rock" quarry behind kapowsin lake is all very nice hard blue rock.

Kapow has way nicer rock the the famous "lynch creek blue rock" from out of eatonville. Lynch creek gets worse while kapow gets better.

theres most likely good rock closer to ya tho.

Anyone know of any quarries around the Rochester,Elma, or Olympia area that have Granite or other hard rock.....Not wanting the black rock that is everywhere around here..... or a line on old concrete culverts, slabs or ???

The black rock around here sucks. Turns to mud. Good on ya brutha. I will talk to my father in law and buddy. They both worked for miles and quality rock. Maybe they know sumthin.

so turns out the good rock around here close is basalt rock....it has some nice edges to it, they are more like big blocks...make nice staking.....the only other option is to truck granite in from T90 or Yelm areas...... They also think the big rock is gold 800 a truck and trailer load 28k for the 4'+ rock maybe netting 15-20 rocks a load......sound about right.....that is delivered so knock off 180 for delivery

im just gonna start picking rocks outta peoples yards and draggin them to straddleline everytime i go up....:awesomework:

The rock is cheap, it's hauling that kills ya. Hell on almost any job we get you could pretty much have all the big azz rocks you want. Just find a way to move em'. That's how the rocks made it to the Rainier Vista @ Elbe.

I got some sidewalk slabs I'll be ripping up in the Seattle are the next couple weeks. Will probably break them into 2 x 3 or so piece, 4" thick. No rebar.

If you want them you can have them, typical deal, you'll just have to find a way of hauling them. Since they are slabs they could be stacked and strapped to a car hauler or tossed in a dump trailer but it better be a HD one as I'll probably have about 10-tons worth give or take.