• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Roll Cages

twiztedsnoborder

Do you guys know anyone or any shop that does custom cages? I was going to buy one for my 4runner from 4x4 inovations but i was hoping to find one a little cheaper then $606 after shipping because i am also going to have to have someone install it. Any ideas?

Do you guys know anyone or any shop that does custom cages? I was going to buy one for my 4runner from 4x4 inovations but i was hoping to find one a little cheaper then $606 after shipping because i am also going to have to have someone install it. Any ideas?

Not going to find one cheaper. Good luck with that.:awesomework:

Dont waste your money.....Roll it off a cliff on purpose & collect money from your insurance, then go by yourself a nice JEEP.....:awesomework:

I hate my 4 runner....Love my jeep though!!!
:kissmyass:

disregard the post above mine:rolleyes::eeek:

like brian said you will not find a cage for cheaper then that, even if you have the tools no how, and material your still going to be spending close to that, time not included, is the cage dom of hrew?

:kissmyass:

disregard the post above mine:rolleyes::eeek:

like brian said you will not find a cage for cheaper then that, even if you have the tools no how, and material your still going to be spending close to that, time not included, is the cage dom of hrew?

its hrew. the dom is about 200 more i belive.

i would go with the DOM cage, i don't think i would trust one made out of hrew, though i have never used hrew on anything i no hrew dents much easier then dom, not sure how it would hold up in multiple roll overs...

Last edited:
i would go with the DOM cage, i don't think i would trust one made out of hrew, though i have never used hrew on anything i no hrew dents much easier then dom, not sure how it would hold up in multiple roll overs...

Do a search on pirate about that subject. HREW is fine for 99.99% of people.

A good rollcage could save your passengers, and your life. Use quality material and have it welded properly. Dean at Bent Metal Customs 253-222-4890 (Puyallup) builds nice cages. I can do one too, but it would be about $1800-$3000 installed (all TIG welded, no sparks) depending on what you wanted done.

A good rollcage could save your passengers, and your life. Use quality material and have it welded properly. Dean at Bent Metal Customs 253-222-4890 (Puyallup) builds nice cages. I can do one too, but it would be about $1800-$3000 installed (all TIG welded, no sparks) depending on what you wanted done.

:eeek:You could almost buy a chassis for what you charge. Does it come in gold?

A nice internal cage, TIG welded is very time consuming. No one wants weld splatter on the windshiled, or interior. Bending and notching with 1/16" or less gap takes time. I know Brian was screwed by a guy that did a horrible cage. I don't cut corners.

Rough Estimate:

6, 20' sticks of 1 3/4" DOM, 1/4" plare, hardware = $500

Argon/gas, filler rod, degreaser, semi gloss black paint (gold is extra), chopsaw disc, consumables etc: $200

labor: $30 per hour @37 hrs: $1100
Including r&r seats/other interior/hardtop for finish welding, and masking off interior for paint.

Lets see some of your guys bad ass cage work, and close up of the welds, and an estimate/explanation of what you would do :corn:

Last edited:
A nice internal cage, TIG welded is very time consuming. No one wants weld splatter on the windshiled, or interior. Bending and notching with 1/16" or less gap takes time. I know Brian was screwed by a guy that did a horrible cage. I don't cut corners.

Rough Estimate:

6, 20' sticks of 1 3/4" DOM, 1/4" plare, hardware = $500

Argon/gas, filler rod, degreaser, semi gloss black paint (gold is extra), chopsaw disc, consumables etc: $200

labor: $30 per hour @37 hrs: $1100
Including r&r seats/other interior/hardtop for finish welding, and masking off interior for paint.

Lets see some of your guys bad ass cage work, and close up of the welds, and an estimate/explanation of what you would do :corn:

Tig is nice--but not needed....

As for the origional poster---if you are looking for cheap go with that cage. You get what you pay for...

Do a search on pirate about that subject. HREW is fine for 99.99% of people.

okay then my bro wants an interrior cage for his toy, it's a dune runner mostly, small blocked, cut boggers, doesn't do much crawlin just high speed dune runs/climbs/jumps/ mud holes ect.. would a cage made out of hrew work just fine for his app?

okay then my bro wants an interrior cage for his toy, it's a dune runner mostly, small blocked, cut boggers, doesn't do much crawlin just high speed dune runs/climbs/jumps/ mud holes ect.. would a cage made out of hrew work just fine for his app?

Yep.

But if he's concerned with speed, power and/or power to weight ratio he outa be looking at Chromoly.

Sounds like it.

I prefer DOM and do all my cages out of DOM. I have seen HREW crush where DOM will dimple. But thats my opinion. HREW will suffice for life saving--but if its something that might see tumbles--and want it to hold up I would go with DOM.

I prefer DOM and do all my cages out of DOM. I have seen HREW crush where DOM will dimple. But thats my opinion. HREW will suffice for life saving--but if its something that might see tumbles--and want it to hold up I would go with DOM.

It's a interior cage. How much do you think dent resistance is going to matter?