• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Roll Cages

Crash built mine in my Yota it kicks ass it is nice and tight in there.Once you get used to the door bars your good.

Attachments

• wayne24[1].jpg
    wayne24[1].jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 167
  • wayne25[1].jpg
    wayne25[1].jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 174
Nice cage.....I assume you put in 5 point harnesses?

Once ya roll, yer head is gonna be bouncin' off the bars....alot of guys think that a cage is the way to go, and forget the "other" things that go along with it....

Nice cage.....I assume you put in 5 point harnesses?

Once ya roll, yer head is gonna be bouncin' off the bars....alot of guys think that a cage is the way to go, and forget the "other" things that go along with it....

That cage is actually pretty far from your head--as long as you stay in the seat your safe. Granted its always a good idea to have some kinda padding.

Get them in wayne--they don't do any good in the box :awesomework:

I did a test on HREW vrs DOM a few years ago.
Both tubes were 1.5x.125w.

In the 1st pic HREW is on top and DOM bottom.
The 2nd pic is DOM top and HREW bottom.
I'll never build a cage out of HREW again.

Last edited:
That cage is actually pretty far from your head--as long as you stay in the seat your safe. Granted its always a good idea to have some kinda padding.

Yeah...I noticed that it pretty tight to the roof....nice job!!!:awesomework::beer:

Pretty "scientific" test.......:haha:

The bottom line is this guy doesn't have and/or doesn't want to spend the money on a quality cage. And like most discussions, one will (most likley) not change the others' mind to change their opinion. Whether it be Dana 44 vs. Dana 60 or built rig vs. buggy or HREW vs. DOM.

You can't convince someone to make or spend more money than they have.

The bottom line is this guy doesn't have and/or doesn't want to spend the money on a quality cage. And like most discussions, one will (most likley) not change the others' mind to change their opinion. Whether it be Dana 44 vs. Dana 60 or built rig vs. buggy or HREW vs. DOM.

You can't convince someone to make or spend more money than they have.

I will dissagree. From reactions from folks who bring this topic up most will usually wait and either buy a better product (save more $$) or n ot do it at all..... Just something I have noticed when it comes to cage stuff.

I will dissagree. From reactions from folks who bring this topic up most will usually wait and either buy a better product (save more $$) or n ot do it at all..... Just something I have noticed when it comes to cage stuff.

with that being said how can a company sell a cage built out of Hrew if it won't hold up in a few rollers as most seam to think?

with that being said how can a company sell a cage built out of Hrew if it won't hold up in a few rollers as most seam to think?

They are not marketed as "Roll Cages" or as a safety device, regardless of what they are made of, HREW, DOM, etc...

If they did, they would be opening themselves up to a monumental liability issue.

Good topic. The crappy cage in my CJ needs to be replaced very soon with something better designed to protect the rear seat. Can't decide if I should buy a JD2 and build it myself or just pay someone else to do it. By reading some of the prices on here so far, it sounds like it would be in the $1500-ish range to have it done. Pretty tempting...

I'm thinking 1 3/4" HREW will suit my needs just fine.

Can't decide if I should buy a JD2 and build it myself or just pay someone else to do it. By reading some of the prices on here so far, it sounds like it would be in the $1500-ish range to have it done. Pretty tempting...

You won't be the first that did it yourself....
My opinion.......I do everything myself and I mean everything......but the cage.
A simple add in is one thing but beyond that I leave it to the pros.

My opinion.......I do everything myself and I mean everything......but the cage.

Yeah, you're probably right. I'm the same way, though. Everything part of my rig - from the fab work to the EFI - was done entirely by me. The thought of someone else working on it just doesn't seem right. I have a hard time even asking friends to help with it. I suppose I should just suck it up and cough up the dough.

Yeah, you're probably right. I'm the same way, though. Everything part of my rig - from the fab work to the EFI - was done entirely by me. The thought of someone else working on it just doesn't seem right. I have a hard time even asking friends to help with it. I suppose I should just suck it up and cough up the dough.

I hear ya......if I have the tools, there's NO ONE I trust more than my self with my rigs, no matter what needs done. I'm in the boonies, so no one's around to help anyway......haha.:cheer:

And once again I agree with Rick :awesomework: