• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rootar's rzr build.

Well as most people know the damn 900 trans can get stuck in park if you use it on any kind of hill so its basically worthless. That bolt and tab is an adjustable stop to keep the trans from shifting into park which means i dont have to second guess when shifting to reverse in a hurry because it wont go to park.

The pawltech parking brake bolts on to the pedal assembly and uses the brake pedal as the parking brake.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Qm2nz4Spw

:dblthumb:

Ok. I had that all wrong was thinking that made it so you had some type of parking break.

No, tapping or bumping the brake pedal won't release the parking brake that easy. It's adjustable I'll set it to where you have to press pretty hard to release the brake.

The ONLY problem I see with locking it out of park like that is if you flip the buggy and get out quick on a hill, you can't just reach in and knock it in park before you flip it back over.

I saw one once with a latch built on the actual gearshift that was easily moved if you needed to get it into park.

ibrokeit said:
The ONLY problem I see with locking it out of park like that is if you flip the buggy and get out quick on a hill, you can't just reach in and knock it in park before you flip it back over.

I saw one once with a latch built on the actual gearshift that was easily moved if you needed to get it into park.

Most people drive better than you and Ricky. :flipoff1:

JohnG is right.... Besides I'll prolly just stay in it till they flip me over. I'm a pretty calm driver so I'm sure as long as it's not an emergency I can remember to set the brake if needed before I unstrap.

It was a good point!

10432495_10204760585747682_7504473019138474665_n.jpg

How do you like the 32s? I want some bad on my 1000 but scarred of a big loss of power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad ass lil buggy btw. Most of the rzr buggies bein built don't look comfortable and to me that's one of the big perks of a rzr. Ride in comfort

the 32s are awesome, mine was clutched for them and it was ok...

So i ditched my clutch in favor of testing out the new clutch setup for duraclutch. The duraclutch eliminates all belt slip by placing an actual dry clutch inside the primary cvt. The belt is now purely for drive between the primary and secondary,it is also under tension the enitre time. The clutch inside the primary takes over the task of actually getting the rzr moving. Duraclutch has alot better engine braking. Its tuneable just the same as different stall torque converter for fullsize buggies. Basically it takes the bad parts of a cvt and does away with them. They have had these running on the Rangers for a couple years now and this is the first entry into the rzr market. I actually have the first rzr900 clutch shipped out. If it holds up like i think it will and drives like they say it does then it will be a real game changer for the crawling side of rzrs. From what ive been told it going to drive like a truck vs a stutter bug rzr. :woot:

Im going to go test it this weekend. I will report back with videos and my take on it.

heading out today for testing. Just running around the house it seems pretty promising.

Looks like that new clutch works pretty good. How did you like it?