• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Route yer taking from WA to KOH

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROKRIG

425KRAWLERZ
Of course one can Mapquest the route and be in fairly good shape but I know when I was reading through some of the threads on Pirate4x4, it seemed like there were certain areas to avoid if possible.

Anyone have some input on this matter? How are you heading down there?

Terry

I don't know if anybody has been paying attention to the news down in cali but they are getting blasted with storms. So routes down could very well change.

Who needs Mapquest.

Go south and follow the rednecks:awesomework:

5 to sac, 99 to bakersfield, 58(?) to barstow, 247 to the 4 corners, then a left on 247(look out for trailers laying in the middle of the road) to the last left on boone rd.

I don't know if anybody has been paying attention to the news down in cali but they are getting blasted with storms. So routes down could very well change.

I'm sure it'll all be melted by then.

5 to sac, 99 to bakersfield, 58(?) to barstow, 247 to the 4 corners, then a left on 247(look out for trailers laying in the middle of the road) to the last left on boone rd.

This. And I'm stopping at the Goodyear warehouse in Sacramento to pick up some tires on the way.:D

WA? :redneck: :fawkdancesmiley:

I'm headed from MT: I-15 to Vegas, then to Barstow, over the hill, then 247 to JV! :cheer:

:; south un'till you need to turn east to hit JV.....:;...:beer::kiss: have fun terry!!!!!take lots of pictures of hotties!!!!!and then get ready for next years trip down south!!!!:;

:; south un'till you need to turn east to hit JV.....:;...:beer::kiss: have fun terry!!!!!take lots of pictures of hotties!!!!!and then get ready for next years trip down south!!!!:;

Like everyone else who's going, I'm excited. I know it's going to be a long haul and I could experience part/rig failure but it just seems like it's one of those things an offroad enthusiast should experience at least once. It's amazing how things on the buggy I'm working on are pushing me to the last minute... arrrgghh

I might go 58 out of Eugene to 97 back to I5 at Weed all the truckers I talk to say that's a better way 2 go

Its just a hill to drive over, Thats all. All i care about is getting past redding the first driving day, No non-stop driving for me.

Its just a hill to drive over, Thats all. All i care about is getting past redding the first driving day, No non-stop driving for me.

Meow. :flipoff: That'll be the advantage to having three guys that are used to towing trailers in my truck. Switch off when we get tired. My goal is to be on the lakebed by sundown Saturday.

Meow. :flipoff: That'll be the advantage to having three guys that are used to towing trailers in my truck. Switch off when we get tired. My goal is to be on the lakebed by sundown Saturday.

Im driving down solo and will have over 40 hours of wheelin done by the time you get there:fawkdancesmiley: Meow that bish.

Should Grants pass be avoided? (sorry, I've not done this trip before)

Grants pass isnt that bad, we are just haulin two rigs on my gooseneck down behind a 2500 so if we can avoid long grades we wont complain:D

I-5 to stockton HWY 4 east to 99 south to Bakersfield 58 east to Barstow 247 south to Lucerne Valley left on 247 and left on Boone RD.

I-5 to stockton HWY 4 east to 99 south to Bakersfield 58 east to Barstow 247 south to Lucerne Valley left on 247 and left on Boone RD.

Is this a good way to go? I was talking to my uncle and he was saying there are some rough places on the way that he would not even stop for gas in some towns. Is there any good fuel stops along the way or do you just stop when your on E?

Status
Not open for further replies.