• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Runner Buggy

Why not? I have a decent amount of SBC parts set aside to make a little fun. Honestly this thing will get thrashed at the dunes more than moab, hammers, etc.

My rigs not as tall as thought, with 6 front and 7 rear for uptravel I have 26 inches at ride height.

20 inch or less? are you crazy? I have about ten old crawl mags layin here and even Tim Camerons rig on 44s has a belly height of 23 inches.:rolleyes:

I dont have the money to build a good auto that will handle my foot right now, maybe someday. It would be nice in the sand too with an auto.

I dont want to stretch the front. It sits at 114 inches for wheelbase. I dont want it any longer so it will still fit around here.

I like the rig.. but honestly that thing will be boring in the dunes..it will be more of a thrashing trail rig :awesomework:

I like the rig.. but honestly that thing will be boring in the dunes..it will be more of a thrashing trail rig :awesomework:

What akes you say that? I used to have a killer time in a blazer on 38s at the dunes.:cool:

Theres no way this thing will weigh more than the blazer, I hope.:redneck: Plus with rear steer I should be able to do donuts like Tom Meents!:haha:

What would make it boring?:corn:

I like it...

I've never built a buggy of any sorts, so I don't know all the geometry it involves...

But, I'm wondering...

How many people posting are running a chassis that they built???

that is correct i built mine and now tqj cj5 owns it. i will be building myself another soon enough

This time you should keep your front lower link mounts tucked up better. The old ones look like rock anchors!:fawkdancesmiley::haha:

Cant wait to see the next one.:corn:

Plus with rear steer I should be able to do donuts like Tom Meents!:haha:
That is way overated.....If you do make sure you have lots of power and a fair amout of air pressure in the tires:haha: I almost flopped mine by doing a cyclone at 5psi it was great till I let off it then it hooked and got way up on 2 wheels. :beer:

This time you should keep your front lower link mounts tucked up better. The old ones look like rock anchors!:fawkdancesmiley::haha:

Cant wait to see the next one.:corn:

I was looking at that just the other day and yes, they do get caught up on the rocks but so far it's not been that big of deal

I would do whatever it took to have a smooth transition from link to belly to link.

Sacrifice for the gain

I would do whatever it took to have a smooth transition from link to belly to link.

Sacrifice for the gain

I pulled off the springs and cycled each side of the front yesterday and Im going to have JUST enough roon to get a JJ mounted on top of the belly, under the carrier and above the link. Its super close but the lower link will barely clear the driveline. I went ahead and cut up enough parts to assemble front and rear d-shafts also.:awesomework: