• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Running it through the tubing?

skipnrocks

Finally built the tube work for getting fluid from the lower part of the radiator to the water pump on a 3.8 v6. My question is this. Do I really need to weld a lip on the tubing that the hose attaches too? I was thinking not since it is a suction side of the line. What are your thoughts. ?

Yea exactly. Have that hose clamp on the other side of the little bead you welded and it will not be able to slide off. Hose clamps loosen up, whether it be stretching of the metal or the rubber changing with temperature, but I have never had a clamp/hose slip off. Once every few runs I check on the hose clamps to make sure they are still snug.

Keep in mind there isn't any suction relative to ambient...

The whole system is under pressure

Yeah, definitely weld a small bead on it in a few spots. I had a hose blow off once because it didn't have that, when the radiator is directly behind the seats it's no fun at all.

Another vote for Definitely Weld

Doesn't need to go all the way around, just something for the hose clamp to catch, I usually put 4 little stitches around the tube. I also spray the tube with hairspray before you install the hose. It will give it some tackiness and just a little bit of extra protection.

Yeah till hairspray became weak like gasoline. New hair spray doesn't do anything for grips.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk