• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Running water in tires?

The responses in this thread bring the funny :haha:

Come on Todd, learn how to drive. Appearantly you dont know how :flipoff: oh and start working on that damn thing, get ur hands dirty u queer :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Harvester of Sorrow said:
So you want to add a little over 200lbs of weight...:gayheart:

Dude...you own a buggy now...time to work on it...just break down the tire and beadlock.

I'm sorry you must have me confused with this rigs previous owner. As I type this I'm holding up a cromoly axle while the paint cures I just painted 2 minutes ago. Break down the bead locks? OK so you like doing things the hard way:rb: . No thanks theres 3/4" plugs in the wheels I can fit a good size hose in.

BTW Where I start from is so I can adjust add as needed from there.

Last edited:
Jobless said:
Water in tires for a trail rig?

Learn how to drive and save the water for the salmon :rolleyes:

I didn't realize water in tires made you a BETTER driver. :flipoff:

Does that mean water is :rb: and all the competitors that use it are :looser: ?

:haha: :stirpot: :haha:

ToyBug said:

No just you... :flipoff:

Water in the tires will definitely make you're vehicle way more capable, but those poor little 44 shaft's are sure gonna hate you. stockish 60's hate water in the tires. and I hope you're ready for a gutless turd.

Also, I didn't realise that you ever needed to go over 20mph anywhere around here, isn't that speeding?

ToyBug said:

Monkey see Monkey do?

Water serves a purpose in some comp rigs, not all...and definately not in a trail rig :looser:

You go ahead and put water in your tires so we can all watch you **** parts from your POS all over the trail :haha: :haha: :haha:

Just make sure to clean up your crap casue we don't want to have to do it at the clean up :rolleyes:

darius said:
Water in the tires will definitely make you're vehicle way more capable, but those poor little 44 shaft's are sure gonna hate you. stockish 60's hate water in the tires. and I hope you're ready for a gutless turd.

Also, I didn't realise that you ever needed to go over 20mph anywhere around here, isn't that speeding?

What are ya new?

20mph is at the low end for trail speed around here...but you wouldn't know that being that all you have to wheel is powered by rechargeable batteries :flipoff:

Jobless said:
Monkey see Monkey do?

Water serves a purpose in some comp rigs, not all...and definately not in a trail rig :looser:

You go ahead and put water in your tires so we can all watch you **** parts from your POS all over the trail :haha: :haha: :haha:

Just make sure to clean up your crap casue we don't want to have to do it at the clean up :rolleyes:

Such a hater Brad... just because your TUNA cans are packed with oil and not water does not mean you need to bag on others. and just FYI I was able to go well over 40 mph with water. So speed was not an issue. Besides even if I was "slower" in the flat areas I think it would come out as a wash since I don't struggle with the hard parts in the trail and you Troy and Porter do. :kiss:

Jason C said:
Such a hater Brad... just because your TUNA cans are packed with oil and not water does not mean you need to bag on others. and just FYI I was able to go well over 40 mph with water. So speed was not an issue. Besides even if I was "slower" in the flat areas I think it would come out as a wash since I don't struggle with the hard parts in the trail and you Troy and Porter do. :kiss:

I would assume you would want the tire dang near full to help keep it balanced? I could se like 3-4 gallons of water causing a little vib. But I wonder if the water will want to roll around vs. stick to the outer edge of the tire hence way outa ballance?

Jason C said:

YA , LIKE YOU WHEEL MORE THAN ONCE A YEAR :flipoff:

DO YOU EVEN OWN A 4X4 ????

Last edited:
crash said:
I would assume you would want the tire dang near full to help keep it balanced? I could se like 3-4 gallons of water causing a little vib. But I wonder if the water will want to roll around vs. stick to the outer edge of the tire hence way outa ballance?

Mine was just up past the hubs. I ran a few trails mostly Naches(funny/moon). It never got unmanageable but there was a specific speed where it would tend to start rolling and bounce for a second and small bumps became a bit more harsh. IT truly is a waste for trail wheelin unless you feel the need to go really verticle on rock but will hinder you in lose dirt or mud. It is more for assistance on climbing. Rear engine cars require it but if you have a "typical" buggy and it requires water than you may want to do some design changes. I think the lead shot is a better choice since it will stay lower in the tire and keep the same weight but I know it can start to bounce at speeds.

Roccrawler said:
YA , LIKE YOU WHEEL MORE THAN ONCE A YEAR :flipoff:

DO YOU EVEN OWN A 4X4 ????

:rolleyes: BAAH! I wheel... last year 3 comps 2 snow runs 4 day trips..... so on avarage a little less than once a month. See the new-ness of your hooptie has not worn off yet so your all anxous to go play. I'm all about "quality" not quantity. running trails (driving through the woods) is not what I enjoy. I want the hard spots, Get them handeled, and than leave. just a different thing.... eating dust and splashing through mud and going through root balls is not hard. I go for challange. I am not saying there is any thing wrong with trail wheeling. it's just not for me or what I enjoy.

Own a 4X.... have 4 actually. ZJ, YJ, buggy, and the dodge not including the small herd of NYLINTS. and the 4x works in all of them except the YJ. so there fuker! :flipoff: how many you have? :hi: :kiss:

Jason C said:
I'm all about "quality" not quantity. running trails (driving through the woods) is not what I enjoy. I want the hard spots, Get them handeled, and than leave. just a different thing.... eating dust and splashing through mud and going through root balls is not hard. I go for challange. I am not saying there is any thing wrong with trail wheeling. it's just not for me or what I enjoy.

A small few of us still remember when you did :booo: and I won't tell all the dirty lil secrets,lol...

Jason C said:
:rolleyes: BAAH! I wheel... last year 3 comps 2 snow runs 4 day trips..... so on avarage a little less than once a month. See the new-ness of your hooptie has not worn off yet so your all anxous to go play. I'm all about "quality" not quantity. running trails (driving through the woods) is not what I enjoy. I want the hard spots, Get them handeled, and than leave. just a different thing.... eating dust and splashing through mud and going through root balls is not hard. I go for challange. I am not saying there is any thing wrong with trail wheeling. it's just not for me or what I enjoy.

Own a 4X.... have 4 actually. ZJ, YJ, buggy, and the dodge not including the small herd of NYLINTS. and the 4x works in all of them except the YJ. so there fuker! :flipoff: how many you have? :hi: :kiss:

Sometime maybe you can make it out with Porter and I so we can hand you your ass tough guy :flipoff:

:haha: :haha: :haha:

darius said:

Wouldn't the water roll through the tire instead of causing a bunch of drag?

Are you sure? What happens when you take a coffee can and pop the bottom out and push it thru the water?

If I get your drift, you will be moving the can through the water and not moving the water.

Latest posts