• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rzr 1000 heads up

bushhog750

I just wanted to let you 1000 owners know this. I have not been around many rzr's as far as to look at how they are made and built from year to year so I don't know what years it might effect. But my cousin just bought a 1000 and he rode this weekend and the inside of the wheel filled up with mud and **** and the way the brake line is mounted its real close to the inside of the wheel. It rubbed on the brake line enough to put a hole in the brake line. And the last ride Tom at AOP had his 1000 had the same thing happen. So I've seen it twice now. And as expected the brakes go to the floor and your **** out of luck. Not sure if it is done like this on other years or not. Not sure if this helps anybody but it might help some to avoid wrecking a 20k machine.

Yeah man it didn't take much mud for his. I wouldn't be surprised if it rubs with no mud and stuff at all. My cousins was really close to the wheel. By the time he limped it back to the house it had rubbed halfway thru the line about an inch long. It wouldn't be a bad idea just to bend it away from the wheel a bit anyway.

Thats actually been a big problem with racers around here. We have been discussing it lately and looking at building a guard . Mud on it isnt an issue, moving mud is the problem.

I looked at mine today and didn't see any wear, my brake line isn't even close to the wheels. I am running 15s though

Re: Re: Rzr 1000 heads up

Toms has not seen a lot of mud. The wheel did rub a hole in it. He said they did not put enough play in the front loop.

When the brake line rubbed thru it was covered with mud. I had to scrape mud out of the inside of the wheel to get to the brake line.