• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RZR 800 issues

Jonesn

Long time lurker on the forum. Working on a rzr 800 for a family friend. Had a knock in the lower end of the motor, so we installed a new Hotrods crank assembly. Top end looked fairly fresh so it was just cleaned up with new gaskets. Reassembled it and test drove it for a whole day off and on around the farm.

Next day I attempted to start it to back it out of the garage and it would start and idle rough, but would die as soon as you gave it gas. After cranking on it for a few minutes with it acting like it wanted to fire but wouldn't I mashed the gas while cranking. This resulted in the engine spinning freely, as if no compression at all. Verified that it has good spark. Compression test shows 150/145 psi. Reset the TPS. Going to test the crank position sensor tonight.

It cranks as if it has great compression until you hit the gas. Any suggestions or ideas? What has me thinking it is a sensor or computer related is that it ran like a scalded dog the day before it wouldn't start.

Search the RzR Forum. Somebody there should give you a good idea. A few Polaris Mechanics stay on 24/7