• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rzr axle question

crawler 129

Roll Tide
I have a 2011 800s and the passanger front axle in 4x2 seems to have excess movement at the diff . In 4x4 seems tighter . The boot is rubbing the lower a arm and sqeaking that's how I found it . Thoughts on what is causing this ? It drives and pulls fine .

Look under the front diff where it mounts to the frame.... I'm betting the torque of the diff is separating the plate from the frame.... I peeled mine out like a beer can.

Jon Piper said:
Look under the front diff where it mounts to the frame.... I'm betting the torque of the diff is separating the plate from the frame.... I peeled mine out like a beer can.

I have added the brace kit awhile back . I pulled the skid and checked it it Looks fine to me.

I guess that's my next move . Driving it no weird noises just the squeak from the boot rubbing 4x4 works fine . Thanks keep posting any ideas

My sportsman 700 did that since it was nearly new, but I never heard the boot rub. I chalked up as worn splines. If remember correctly, the splines are exposed to dirt and the seal actually seals the female coupling around it if that makes any sense.