• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sac Up repair

in all reality i dont expect the sign to last long. but we will replace it as needed. i think the rope will outlast the sign. even if the sign dont get destroyed by vandals im asuming it wont weather well as it is just painted with latex house paint.

now the optimistic point of view:

if people respect what we are trying to do and dont destroy stuff the signs could become a little more apealing and better quality.

i was first gonna obtain large wood planks and route/carve the lettering into them but decided that is a ton of work. ill wait to see what happens before i spend 120 hours making a cool sign.

a heavy duty stencil painting on a metal sign would also be cooler than my plywood ones but that takes real money. i priced a 30" x 36" metal sign with the words on it at $342.68.

we have discussed just plasma cutting the letters into a metal sign but again we will wait to see how this goes over with the irresponcible people we see out there every day.

That just makes it more of a target...

The only extra color it needs is an official DNR endorsement...otherwise it's just...unofficial.

X2, i wasa wondering about the RTW sticker myself, i could see that becoming an issue with some people as far as who rules the roost out there, which it is not RTW...

I have to agree--keep the rtw sticker off...

put a snort sticker on there instead:haha:

so are these signs going to be a standard for other trails like in the naches area, they aren't going to be a different style with different ratings styles for each trail? i know the ratings of trails will change but i mean the signage will keep to a "standard"

Last edited:
no not right away. that costs money which we have none. dnr has very limited funds for reiter as it is not officially an orv park. the trail markers are the same as used by the naches ranger district though. yellow diamond shape for 4X4.

if dnr wants to come up with funds we would love to make them all the same as all other dnr....in fact why am i dribhbling all this dribble to you all here. if you wanna be involved come to the rtw meetings and get this stuff straight from the sources.

the sign i am making is unofficial and is taken from the feelings of the wheeling community voiced both at RTW meetings, Snohomish ORV group meetings and discussions with DNR at these meetings.

again it is unofficial. it is just something to try and explain what accepted responsible wheelers would expect.

This would be awesome to mark each trail:

DirectionalRockSign-1.jpg

MartinPark4RockSign100.jpg

would be nice anashtetic (sp?) but who is gonna pay for it?

no not right away. that costs money which we have none. dnr has very limited funds for reiter as it is not officially an orv park. the trail markers are the same as used by the naches ranger district though. yellow diamond shape for 4X4.

if dnr wants to come up with funds we would love to make them all the same as all other dnr....in fact why am i dribhbling all this dribble to you all here. if you wanna be involved come to the rtw meetings and get this stuff straight from the sources.

the sign i am making is unofficial and is taken from the feelings of the wheeling community voiced both at RTW meetings, Snohomish ORV group meetings and discussions with DNR at these meetings.

again it is unofficial. it is just something to try and explain what accepted responsible wheelers would expect.

ya, i went to a handful of the meetings i think that were held in your garage...

so are the markers all made of wood thats painted then??? i was going to suggest the "gate keeper" sign be baisted *sp* in a clear enamel or lacquer that helps keep the paint on it from peeling or "eroding" so long as the clear lacquer doesn't eat up the paint on it's own:haha:

if ya got some im all for it, but i think these first two signs are a test bed so to speak. lets see what happens and how well they are recieved by the masses.

have you seen the trail markers at walker valley? thats what i would envision eventually at reiter. a 6X6 post with the trail name routed into it.

mostly i wanna see how the whole gatekeeper thing goes over???

if ya got some im all for it, but i think these first two signs are a test bed so to speak. lets see what happens and how well they are recieved by the masses.

have you seen the trail markers at walker valley? thats what i would envision eventually at reiter. a 6X6 post with the trail name routed into it.

mostly i wanna see how the whole gatekeeper thing goes over???

ya, the posts would be nice, i just wish, in a perfect world, that we could just put up nice signs and know that no one would mess with them because they appreciated in the tiniest way the amount of work that goes into putting them up:mad:

I'm beat. And bummed i have a fuel leak on my quad.

Did Hip find his dog? I was all over the country lookin for that fawker. People kept tellin me then seen him, but i think i was chasing him around in circles :mad:

Yep, someone found Rocky over by the rock face, stair step, three step (what ever you want to call those two spots. Thanks again for the help for those that showed up. Your help is definately appreciated.

I'm beat. And bummed i have a fuel leak on my quad.

Did Hip find his dog? I was all over the country lookin for that fawker. People kept tellin me then seen him, but i think i was chasing him around in circles :mad:

corey i owe you at least a few :beer: and a tank of gas, thanks for your efforts. rocky had quite the adventure yesterday. hes one tired pup today.

Sorry I did not help longer but I could only stand to have one tree dropped on my jeep i will be back up for the clean up in october....

Latest posts