• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

sami rotors

I have a whole pile of 'em at home!:haha: I'll measure and get you that number tonight if you haven't already gotten it...:;

I have a whole pile of 'em at home!:haha: I'll measure and get you that number tonight if you haven't already gotten it...:;

if the right number comes back.. i might want to buy a couple of them off you:beer: if your selling:awesomework:

Thought it was a good guess:booo:

i wonder if you could use older sammy (the 4 lug ones) as a t-case parking brake...

Yes, Im trying to add tech to your thread:fawkdancesmiley:

Inside of rotor hat is 6.75". The hole in the center is 4.1875"
I also have a few if you need some.

Last edited:
Thought it was a good guess:booo:

i wonder if you could use older sammy (the 4 lug ones) as a t-case parking brake...

Yes, Im trying to add tech to your thread:fawkdancesmiley:

If what i'm thinking works out, I will put up the tech, i need to confirm some numbers first.

Inside of rotor hat is 6.75". The hole in the center is 4.1875"
I also have a few if you need some.

Ok, who wants to sell me 2 of these?

the tech is.

Ford 9" disk brake conversion...

I'v been trying to do a budget conversion and i am having a difficult time finding reasonabley priced rotors that will fit over the 9" flange.

well, the 9" flange is 6.75... so if the rotors fit, i just gotta find a caliper that will work.. Hell i might go with a sami caliper if it will work.

I did disk brakes on the back of my AMC M20 with sidekick rotors and rear calipers from a nissan (forget the application) the "hat" size on the sidekick rotors is a little bigger IIRC. I had no machining or grinding to make them fit. The earliest write up I know of is on pirate but many of the other boards have a version or three and they all have the pirate link listed.

reardiscs002.jpg

Last edited:
if the right number comes back.. i might want to buy a couple of them off you:beer: if your selling:awesomework:

If the numbers are correct, you can have 'em!!!:redneck: ( I don't run sami axles anymore...:;)...they just keep multiplying, like wabbits!!! :haha::haha: Let me know....and I am sorry about not reporting the numbers, but fordzuki got them for you...:awesomework:

well, i got a couple from fordzuki and got them home. They do not fit over the old Stock ford shaft flange. by about a C&*T hair...
I'm gonna pull a wheel off my rig and see if they fit over the currie shafts. I doubt it,,, but i'll have a look.

If not, i might have to have a look for some sidekick rotors and see if they fit.

the caliper used above is probably a nissan 300ZX caliper.. looks right and i know that this is a common caliper to use on small rotors.

I can check my notebook to see what year i used but i think 90% (if not all) are the same part #. They only cost like $16 each new (once again IIRC) did the swap some time ago and alot of the little details I forget, hence the notebook somewhere in the garage. I do know that everyone who's attempted to put sami rotors on an AMC M20 has had to grind/lathe to make fit, I tried sidekick and they went right on, fits the brake pilot like it was made for it as well.

Couldn't you just get a bit lathe'd off the end of the axle flange?

when i did my nine inch i had the same issue and set the car on a jack stand, removed the wheel, put it in high gear and flap wheeled the flange for about thirty seconds and the top hat fit perfect.:redneck::awesomework:

then i decided to put the rotor behind the flange to make the caliper bracket fit on the axel tube better so it was all for nothing but was really really easy.:stirpot:

when i did my nine inch i had the same issue and set the car on a jack stand, removed the wheel, put it in high gear and flap wheeled the flange for about thirty seconds and the top hat fit perfect.:redneck::awesomework:

then i decided to put the rotor behind the flange to make the caliper bracket fit on the axel tube better so it was all for nothing but was really really easy.:stirpot:

THIS.

i was ponderig this..

any downside to it? strenght.. etc?

THIS.

i was ponderig this..

any downside to it? strenght.. etc?

the only reason was where the bracket for chevy half ton caliper landed on the axel tube, if i put the rotor on the outside it landed in a less desirable spot so i moved the rotors inbd of the flange.

the one good thing is that my rotors are attached with the wheel studs so the rotors are not loose when i remove a tire, not that that was ever an issue..i ended up using ford rotors as i had some and they were the same thickness as the chevy rotors.

Latest posts