• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

sami-spring ideas??

clifty

so yea i got a 88.5 sami. right now its got a spring over, with taller perches. its like 6.5"s of some crap. got some nice long shackles, and it flexes pretty good. I really wanna get more out of it and im limited by those stock springs. Im thinking maybe some lifted sami rears in the front, and maybe toyota something in the back? Im just brain storming. I really don't want jeep springs. Does anyone got any ideas or have done anything they were happy with.

Thanks
Justin:stirpot:

Samurai springs are limited I ran a hybrid pack of some lifted and the rear main spring up front. But if you want it done right and not have to worry about it again go yj's.

Thats what everyone says ahahaha..thats not what i wanted to hear. i guess it might be the best option tho. Im almost thinkin i should just link the rear and find something for the front. who knows

Rears all around with a rear main leaf added to each corner...HAs worked well for me the last 3+ yrs...:awesomework:

Hey justin if your gonna listen to anyone ,Zukkev knows his sami's

figure out Who has some yj springs ,or another set of rears for the front?

lets see what parts are available and go from there....

Yjs all around, Yjs rear and sami rears up front, or sami rears all around, are all good combos. :awesomework:

are the yj springs the same length front to rear, unlike the sami where the front is shorter?? I think i have convinced myself to just link the rear, might as well. i know i will throw some leafs in there and wish i would have went the link route. k2blazen sounds link he has link bars to donate so i guess its a toss up on sami rears up front or yjs:beer::beer:

New perches preferably...But there's a way around that...kinda.

is there?? im interested i spent some money on some nice wrap-around perches hate to see them all go to waste i guess i could always sell em or trade em off :D

If you have a decent welder and welding skills, you can fab up 2 plates (1/4" flat plate) that wrap around the axle next to the existing perch (one on each side); weld them to the existing perch, and grind the top flat where the welds are ( to make the perch flat on top again....); walla, 2.5" perch!