• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

sammi gears, what are these numbers?

BustedPinion

-=BANNED=-
cant see the ring gear number, but the pinion has one number on it only..
IE9-603.. So whats my ratio? :eeek:

and yes ALL bearing are trashed:booo: the P.O. asshat ran it dry and ruined them all.

I've heard of a few late model Samis having 3:92's, but have yet to see any---most likely they're 3:73's, but count the ring & pinion and divide the #'s as stated before---I realize this is the wrong thread, but I have a couple carrier assemblies (front and rear) if you're interested $50 ea.....let me know.

its a 373.. figures.. ZUKKEV, i decided to rebuild it, maybe lol, ill let ya know.. i need bearings all the way through, the PO ran it dry from a blown seal.. got any lower gears ??? and wtf should i put in it for 31/33's? i hate the gutless gears right now, 1st with 30's is too high..

Go with either 4:62's from an automatic sidekick for 31's and 5:12's from a manual sidekick for the 33" variant......for some reason, the OE gears seem to hold up better; however, the Yukon 4:57's also seem to hold up well. Do not go with the 5:38 gears of any brand, as the pinion is just too small, and break gears all the time...... For the T-case, the 4:16 to 1 gearset works well with 5:12's and 33" LTB's(buddy's got this setup and it works well).I sold my 5:12's at the swap meet...sorry man..
If you're gonna rebuild it, put gears in too, you might as well do both and go lower gears...you will likely have gear noise if you do just the brngs.............
You won't be dissappointed with the Yukon 4:57's or factory 4:62's and 6.5:1 T-case gears (Trail Gear-->$499) either!!! pretty closely matches w/ 5:12's and 4:1 t-case gears..........Try and get a rear hybrid housing if you can, as the chunk is bigger....Buc4x's got a good deal on a set of axles w/ pretty much everything you need....
I know this abit longwinded, but you asked a loaded ?; there are more options, but these seem to be the most popular.....

Last edited:
Your buddy with the 5.12:1, 4.16:1, and 33's. Whats his top speed on the highway? I've got a set of 5.12's and I'm debating whether it will be to low or not.

If you get Trail gear transfercase gears, don't get the rebuild kit from them, it's not complete. I guess it was cheap for a reason. It was missing the needle bearings for the mainshaft, and the small one in the end for the front output. Other than that, I was happy with the gears.

Your buddy with the 5.12:1, 4.16:1, and 33's. Whats his top speed on the highway? I've got a set of 5.12's and I'm debating whether it will be to low or not.

65ish...... Now the other option would be to keep the stock gears, go 6.5:1 in the case, and build the snot out of your engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you get Trail gear transfercase gears, don't get the rebuild kit from them, it's not complete. I guess it was cheap for a reason. It was missing the needle bearings for the mainshaft, and the small one in the end for the front output. Other than that, I was happy with the gears.

We've (friends up here and myself) probably bought a dozen TG 6.5:1's and they've all had everything needed to do the job, except one kit was missing the front and rear output seals; no biggy though, i had a couple laying around.......

We've (friends up here and myself) probably bought a dozen TG 6.5:1's and they've all had everything needed to do the job, except one kit was missing the front and rear output seals; no biggy though, i had a couple laying around.......

The gear kit I was completely happy with, it was the rebuild kit (bearings and seals) that didn't have the mainshaft needle bearings. Calmini's rebuild kit has them, but TG's doesn't.