• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Samurai + toy tranny/dual cases

WHERESMYHAT

What would I need as far as the tranny and cases. It will be bolted to 16v tracker motor so I need the ringr adapter. What else. I am running toy axles also.

I can't decide between holeshot's kicker3 setup or going with the toys.

Nathan

Is there another person doing the kicker3 now? Rockrat is down till january and I dont wanna wait for OTT. I just blew the trans in my sami and I have a kicker box and t case. I was gonna wait for rockrat but if someone else is doing it that would be cool.

Is there another person doing the kicker3 now? Rockrat is down till january and I dont wanna wait for OTT. I just blew the trans in my sami and I have a kicker box and t case. I was gonna wait for rockrat but if someone else is doing it that would be cool.

No hes a member on here. He built his own and now his setup is for sale. He is swapping over to a different setup. I am going to talk to him tommorrow about it but I was just wondering about the toy setup also.

Well if you decide not to buy it from him pm his contact info I may be interested.

:awesomework: Oh ya go with the yota stuff its better:fawkdancesmiley:

kinda like this ????
geo tracker 5 speed and t case with front output cut off and plated
mated to a sami t case
still haven't decided weather to run stock gears in the sami t case or my 4.16s

Last edited:
kinda like this ????
geo tracker 5 speed and t case with front output cut off and plated
mated to a sami t case
still haven't decided weather to run stock gears in the sami t case or my 4.16s

:awesomework: Thats it. I would run the 4.16s in the case. What is the rest of your setup? Have you installed it yet?

This one that I am looking at is stock gears in the tracker case and 6.5s in the sami case. I can always regear the tracker case later for lower gearing. He was running this setup with 5.29's and was at a 2??.1 ratio.

:awesomework: Thats it. I would run the 4.16s in the case. What is the rest of your setup? Have you installed it yet?

This one that I am looking at is stock gears in the tracker case and 6.5s in the sami case. I can always regear the tracker case later for lower gearing. He was running this setup with 5.29's and was at a 2??.1 ratio.

toy axles 5.29s arbs 1600, 8v tracker,,,,
nope havent installed it yet
i gotta go wheeling this weekend
ill start putting it in soon after
im looking at stock gears in both cases so i get hwy speeds back ....
the gears should be plenty low enough with both cases
over all this setup is 2" longer then a stock sami tranny&t case

ill put up more pics when i do the install and show the mounts

Last edited:
His was off road only so I figure I will run the 4:10s in the axles for now and see what that does. I use mine for alot of daily driving so I am with you on the highway speeds.

We shook hands on it yesterday. Figure just go with it and get it in there. I have to make a few new mounts even after I had Dan from Twin Peaks fab up new mounts for the stock tcase location.:booo: He did such a nice job on them and now I can't use them.

more pics
brackets fabbed up to mate the 2 t cases together
long arm modded and reinforced
in 1st gear and low/low the main input shaft turns 15 revs to the 1 rev from the
rear driveline

Last edited:
Cool so when do you plan on installing it? Let me know when you get it installed I would like to swing by and check it out.

good god, you gonna add a pto output to use as an input, then mount the tranny input and t case output to the diffs?:fawkdancesmiley:

Funny thing is it actually leaves the transfer in the stock location if done correctly. It just gets rid of that intermidiate shaft.

He said his setup is 2" longer then the stock length. The one I am picking up is 5". I will have to set my rear axle back a few inches to make up for it.

i actually get to **** can a 14" long intermediate shaft ,, from the tranny to the transfer,, so it does make me a tad longer by 2" i can live with that
i might have to shorten the rear D line
the front i think i can get away with it
its already got 11" of slip so i think i can get by with 5 to 7 inchs of slip

the front axle is already moved 1 3/4" forward and the rear is moved
1 3/4 inchs back so im kinda thinking im limited there
i would have to move the gas tank to move the axle back any
further maybe in the future that will happen it would be nice to get a longer wheelbase