• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sand lake dunes 2-03-07

wheelinjp

Well my girl and I threw the quads in the van and went riding. Afterwards we got a hotel room in Seaside. We went to the beach this morning and then just drove home up 101. Very nice drive other than almost hitting a deer. Here we are at the dunes. It was a little drizzly but that stopped and we had alot of fun. This was my first time at the dunes with my quad and paddles. It was alot of fun. Also alot of being stuck at first. Our first stuck was so funny. She got stuck, I came up to help and got stuck right next to her. So While at the beach I did a lil rockcrawling nylint style. Oh here is a great way to transport without a trailer. THanks boss, hehehehe

Last edited:
Now onder you wernt home to help me:booo: Just kidding:redneck: hope you remembered to disconect the GPS sender in your van:redneck:

pokey said:
Now onder you wernt home to help me:booo: Just kidding:redneck: hope you remembered to disconect the GPS sender in your van:redneck:

SSSHHHHHH!!!! no it is on the phone now. They disconnected that service long ago. We had fun. We did see some deer---UP CLOSE!!!! I saw one cross hwy 30 east of Astoria ahead of us about 400ft. When we got 100ft away the next buck leaped in front of my van. I was doing 60mph. I would say I missed him by about 3ft when he landed in front of me to leap again. I hammered the brakes or he would have been all up in my grille for sure. We felt very lucky after that.

War-Jeeper said:
Looks like fun! O and digging outa that musta been a b!*ch
For most people, you get ahold of that grab bar and lift and hope you don't pull a muscle in your back. However, Wheelinjp can lift one of those quads over his head so he probably picked up the quad and threw it to the top of the hill:clappy:

Looks like the flats had some water. How big was the "lake" at the "big" bowl?

Tankota said:
For most people, you get ahold of that grab bar and lift and hope you don't pull a muscle in your back. However, Wheelinjp can lift one of those quads over his head so he probably picked up the quad and threw it to the top of the hill:clappy:

hahahahaha:haha::haha::haha:

Tankota said:

pretty big. I dont know how big it can get but it was big. I was able to do I think one of the steepest climbs out of the bowl, it was a wheely run at the top of it though. The steepest looking stuff and seemed the loosest was coming up out of the trees. That was sick. I was coming up and when I got near the top I was rapped out in 1st and slowing down so I tried to sidehill to keep momentum, MISTAKE! I got stuck with my downhill rear tire buried and the uphill one not covered at all. I had to pull the quad downhill to face it downhill. Well I ended up facing a tree and barely avoided falling into its hole-trap under the branches. It was definitely a learning experience.

ahh the sandlake idiot holes, always good fun. Me and some friends are goin down there in 2 weeks for the weekend. Looks like you had a good time.

Sean, this is your BOSS! Please bring the keys in tommorow morning and provide a ride home for yourself! :haha:

Really, your need to tell your boss you need a bigger work van with room for 4 quads and seating for 4.:redneck:

SoCal Redneck said:
hell, drop me a PM next team any of y'all go. I'll haul out the sand car and take people for a few rides
no problem. I also sold the 400 and bought an 04 YFZ 450. Much faster.

Last edited:
SoCal Redneck said:
I like the yfz's.. if I wasn't so big I would have got one. instead I went with the 700 raptor.... rides like a couch

The raptor is a nice bike also but heavy.. Hard to throw around compared to the YZF.. Unless your into cruisin

:cool:

I built it as a drag bike... 770 big bore from the rocket factory and a gt20 based turbo system from shandy... I'm a buggy bitch these days

SoCal Redneck said:
I built it as a drag bike... 770 big bore from the rocket factory and a gt20 based turbo system from shandy... I'm a buggy bitch these days

Nice :redneck: