• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sandrail tuber

hotwheels000

I decided to build a mini of my rail. This is what I have so far. It is about 6 hours worth of work.

I need a old RC car that I can rob the a-arms,dogbones (sliders),hubs and axles from to finish the suspension. Anybody got a old beater they want to get rid of cheap

Last edited:
hotwheels000 said:
I need a old RC car that I can rob the a-arms,dogbones (sliders),hubs and axles from to finish the suspension. Anybody got a old beater they want to get rid of cheap

I got an old kyosho (and I mean real old) basher that I'm strippin' ... it was a 4wd gasser so should be able to meet your needs ... will take "trades" (aka I like dark beer) ...

Hey Dev, that looks pretty cool, and your rail looks pretty bad a$$ too.

I'm sure you already know this, but you're gonna have to spin the motor backwards with the tranny mounted like that. I know you've done a lot of nitro, but not sure about your electric knowledge. Assuming that is some low wind mod motor (or even a rebuildable stock motor), you are going to wanna spin the end bell 180 degrees. That way your pos / neg are still correct, and the motor timing is advanced, instead of retarded.

SnoFalls said:
I got an old kyosho (and I mean real old) basher that I'm strippin' ... it was a 4wd gasser so should be able to meet your needs ... will take "trades" (aka I like dark beer) ...

I like those kind of trades, can you post pics so I can see the suspension arms

Thanks
Devlin

Todd1803 said:
Hey Dev, that looks pretty cool, and your rail looks pretty bad a$$ too.

I'm sure you already know this, but you're gonna have to spin the motor backwards with the tranny mounted like that. I know you've done a lot of nitro, but not sure about your electric knowledge. Assuming that is some low wind mod motor (or even a rebuildable stock motor), you are going to wanna spin the end bell 180 degrees. That way your pos / neg are still correct, and the motor timing is advanced, instead of retarded.

Thanks todd,

It is a 14x2 kyosho mego motor (dirt oval), that I had in one of my electric boats

I believe it is set at zero timing, do I still need to spin the end bell. Cant I just wire it backwards ??????

So long as the timing is set at zero, you can just wire it backwards. On the rear motor of my Clod, I spun the endbell just so that the + and - would still be correct, but I'm strange like that, and now I have to remember which motor goes in which end of the truck.

Being that you are building for speed and RPM here, you will get slightly better performance by advancing the timing 3 - 6 degrees (which would actually be retarding the timing if wired backwards). Farther advance will make it faster (stock motors use 24 degrees advance), but will lead to excessive heat and premature failure on a low wind motor.

First pic is beverly,second and third are from winchestor bay-oregon.

I am building this just for straight line speed, will that motor do it, or do I need a better motor. I was thinking putting the mamba from my MLST in it but did not thing it would be up to the task (6800 kv/mamba25 esc) What do you all think ??????????????????????????????

I turned down my tlt shocks on Saturday so they really are starting to look like the fox airs that are on the 1:1, I am going to pack them with a gel of some short(just so they dont bounce everywere) and do internal springs so they really resemble the fox's.

Devlin

That 14 double should have enopugh speed, if it's old (Does Kyosho even still make motors?) and neglected, you could let Torry or I put it on a comm lathe to clean it up. Plus I might have a Reedy Ti motor sitting around here with some life left in it, which probably has more power, that I could easily part with. I got a couple of them with my touring car a few years ago, I'll have to dig them out and see if there is anything useful.

I have no brushless knowledge, so I can't help you with that side.

Last edited: