• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

sat the 28'th, i want to go wheeling, how about you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4x4DUDE

so i want to go wheeling this next weekend, but i dont got anyone to wheel with, so was wondering if anyone wants to go to either Evans creek, rock candy mountain, tahooya, or somewhere decently close to Kent.

so anyone interested?

id like to get like 5 people to go, or just 1 or 2 to make sure no one gets stuck on the trails you know...

anyways if your down for wheeling then post up if you can and where youd like to go, also what you got to wheel.

BTW my rig is a 87 toyota truck with the crappy IFS and new all seasons on it... soon to be better, but a good driver can go far with a stock truck.:awesomework:

so pleanty of people have viewed this, but no one wants to wheel or what?

i want to go into some deep trails, ive only really ever been mudding, i want technical **** too.

There is a chance Evans may still have a good amount of snow next weekend.

Your truck rocks no doubt. But might not be up to that challange.

Tahuya might be a better place for a stock rig.

Just and FYI a more or less stock rig and a truck with a SPOOL or rear locker are night and day different.

If you have a spool or locker you can do most of Evans durring the dryer months, and most of Tahuya any ole time.

Pix of your junk??

umm, i might be able to get vid of it soon.

yeah its all stock virtually, looking to weld the rear for now, then swap for a solid axel set up later.

yeah i know it probably cant do all that evans has to offer, but that doesnt mean i dont want to try it and see how far i can push that thing you know?

yeah ill try to get those vids for sure.

There is a chance Evans may still have a good amount of snow next weekend.

Your truck rocks no doubt. But might not be up to that challange.

Tahuya might be a better place for a stock rig.

Just and FYI a more or less stock rig and a truck with a SPOOL or rear locker are night and day different.

If you have a spool or locker you can do most of Evans durring the dryer months, and most of Tahuya any ole time.

Pix of your junk??

I actually went to evans today and the snow was bad. everyone had locked front and rear ends and still got stuck and had to winch, even a buggy got stuck. your welcome to come out to tahuya. i will be threre from friday till sunday

umm, i might be able to get vid of it soon.

yeah its all stock virtually, looking to weld the rear for now, then swap for a solid axel set up later.

yeah i know it probably cant do all that evans has to offer, but that doesnt mean i dont want to try it and see how far i can push that thing you know?

yeah ill try to get those vids for sure.

so BTW my rig is a 87 toyota truck with the crappy IFS and new all seasons on it... soon to be better, but a good driver can go far with a stock truck

It's just not worth it. watching you Beatting you crap till it breaks is not what most of us are into. All that does is caus long nights out on the trail getting you out. I think it is great that you are getting involved but this is what would scare me away from having you along

ALL SEASON TIRES
Sorry but that is what my dad did to trucks.

IMO it just isn't worth it beatting you rig, All that is going to do is cost you more in the long run. Personally get involved. go for some ride alongs, get to know the area. Then when it is dryer out then take your truck out

Just my 2 cents

yeah were looking to get some BF goodrichs, or swampers, but cash is low, and these tires are new, so whatever, they do good.

and ive been a passengers seat wheeler my whole life in my dads rigs, its not that i dont know how to wheel. its just i dont got no one else to wheel with, and honestly IF and when i do eventually get really stuck, id like to not have to dig for hours to get out. id like some buddies.

but thanks for your contribution i guess.

ALL SEASON TIRES
Sorry but that is what my dad did to trucks.

IMO it just isn't worth it beatting you rig, All that is going to do is cost you more in the long run. Personally get involved. go for some ride alongs, get to know the area. Then when it is dryer out then take your truck out

Just my 2 cents

Don't let em' pick on you. You've got guts, and guts is enough. I would definately at least get a winch. You can trade in a bunch of lousy friends for one good winch.

lock ur rear and come to tahyua - i prob wont be out this weekend but next 4 sure i thnk lol
last weekend was a blast

yeah, IF and when i do eventually get really stuck, id like to not have to dig for hours to get out. id like some buddies.

but thanks for your contribution i guess.

LOL
what for they can stand there, watch and laugh at you calling you a dumb ass for taking on that big mud hole and drink all your beer

Hell that is what they do for me, Do you think a one of them would help dig

Heck no
that is OK thow I still call them my friends anyways

Don't let em' pick on you. You've got guts, and guts is enough. I would definately at least get a winch. You can trade in a bunch of lousy friends for one good winch.

I don't see anybody picking on him--giving him some good info...

I understand some times you have to learn by experiance--but take what some folks are saying and don't learn the hard way if you can 4x4DUDE.

thanks dude.

yeah im looking at some winches, the best i can do right now is harbor has some cheap china winches for like 69 bucks for a 2 ton capacity winch, not a bad start and it sure pulls more weight than i do, so itll do for now.

and even if i do bust my **** its my fault anyways for attempting something that my rig obviously wasnt ready for you know?

yeah i should be out at tahuya this whole weekend if you wanna role through i got a flat black yota 87.

I actually went to evans today and the snow was bad. everyone had locked front and rear ends and still got stuck and had to winch, even a buggy got stuck. your welcome to come out to tahuya. i will be threre from friday till sunday

hell ya pics ?? just pop ur rear out and get it welded:corn::beer:

i want to get a welded rear, but i think id rather just weld it myself, but i hear you have to split everything apart on this toyota diff instead of just pop the back off...:eeek:

but yeah heres some pics, from when she (erin) got her truck to when i met her and changed it up.

brandnew.jpg

brandnewmuddy.jpg

yeah this is about when i met her, we took her toyota mudding, i call it my rig cause i wheel it more than she does :) and my tanks of gas sponsor the event.

freshassblack2.jpg

freshassblack.jpg

freshassblack-mud.jpg

freshassblack-mud2.jpg

thats just about as much flex as you get with IFS, and still having the front sway bar in... might pop it out for the weekend though to see if it helps.:awesomework:

i love this truck man, and with my mechanics and both of our money, this truck will be better trail ready as far as aftermarket goodies goes.

its in great mechanical condition now though.

Last edited:
lol, yeah i know they wont dig for me, but if its beyond the point of being able to be dug out then we can always put the ropes on it you know?

that reminds me, i got to steal my uncles come along for the weekend in tahuya :awesomework:

and do a :beer: run

LOL
what for they can stand there, watch and laugh at you calling you a dumb ass for taking on that big mud hole and drink all your beer

Hell that is what they do for me, Do you think a one of them would help dig

Heck no
that is OK thow I still call them my friends anyways

oh yeah im cool dude, i was basically trying to tell the guy getting on me abit about how my rig and i arent ready yet that just because it isnt fully preped for the trails yet doesnt mean im gonna let it be a pavement princess untill it is fully ready you know?

i can still have lots of fun in a stock truck on the trails, just not go as all out on certain obstacles.

like those rock climbs? i mean, ill try it, but id be surprised if the truck even got up a truck length into the rocks. lol

oh and im def gonna soak as much knowledge as i can, even if its against what my dad had tought me with wheeling ill listen to it and try it out...

i just want to get hella good at this, its way fun. and its not as illegal as the street racing i usually enjoy doing in my DD:mad:

I don't see anybody picking on him--giving him some good info...

I understand some times you have to learn by experiance--but take what some folks are saying and don't learn the hard way if you can 4x4DUDE.

Last edited:
oh yeah im cool dude, i was basically trying to tell the guy getting on me abit about how my rig and i arent ready yet that just because it isnt fully preped for the trails yet doesnt mean im gonna let it be a pavement princess untill it is fully ready you know?

i can still have lots of fun in a stock truck on the trails, just not go as all out on certain obstacles.

like those rock climbs? i mean, ill try it, but id be surprised if the truck even got up a truck length into the rocks. lol

oh and im def gonna soak as much knowledge as i can, even if its against what my dad had tought me with wheeling ill listen to it and try it out...

i just want to get hella good at this, its way fun. and its not as illegal as the street racing i usually enjoy doing in my DD:mad:

4x4Dude, we all understand you desire to get out and wheel, but the point I think you are missing in the various messages is that if you get out and in over what you rig is ready for, you not only screw up your day, but also the day of the guys who then take the time to help get you and your rig out and back where it can handle it's self.

No one is saying don't go out, they are saying use your head and don't get in over it, so they then have to rescue you. :awesomework:

Also it sounds like you may not be old enough to have :beer: legaly and if so, leave it alone if you are going out on the trails, none of us need the problems that can bring either. Act Responsible, and BE Responsible for your actions! :awesomework:

I was going to post " wow these will be some intresting pics on Monday " then I read your post and am going to say that you hit it right on

Nothing is more fun that running trails 50' at a time:puke:
Nothing is more intresting that watching a guy distroy a perfectly good truck:eeek::corn:
And nothing sucks more that getting the truck out of the trail and then how do you get him home:awesomework::awesomework:

take it slow and maybe ask is there someplace that I can go 4 wheelin this comming up weekend and post a pic of your truck. then they will invite you along knowing what you truck is and it's capability. Everyone will have more fun and less popcorn will be ate

4x4Dude, we all understand you desire to get out and wheel, but the point I think you are missing in the various messages is that if you get out and in over what you rig is ready for, you not only screw up your day, but also the day of the guys who then take the time to help get you and your rig out and back where it can handle it's self.

No one is saying don't go out, they are saying use your head and don't get in over it, so they then have to rescue you. :awesomework:

Also it sounds like you may not be old enough to have :beer: legaly and if so, leave it alone if you are going out on the trails, none of us need the problems that can bring either. Act Responsible, and BE Responsible for your actions! :awesomework:

Status
Not open for further replies.