• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

sat the 28'th, i want to go wheeling, how about you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is some great advise here Dude. Take heed to it. It's no fun waiting on someone that is under equipped. One thing everyone failed to mention is that this is not even your truck but your gals. If you take that rig into some of the areas you talk about it will come out looking way different and not in a good way. How would she take that? There is a lot of wisdom on these forums learn from it.

i never said i wanted to turn the truck into a pile of ****..

and shes gonna be right next to me the whole time, if not actually wheeling the truck herself.

she loves the fact that the truck is a 4x4, and wants to have fun in it, no matter what.

just as long as we can bring it home,\.

and i got my tools im bringing out just in case.

im taking advice dont worry.

There is some great advise here Dude. Take heed to it. It's no fun waiting on someone that is under equipped. One thing everyone failed to mention is that this is not even your truck but your gals. If you take that rig into some of the areas you talk about it will come out looking way different and not in a good way. How would she take that? There is a lot of wisdom on these forums learn from it.

yeah i often pass up some interesting trails cause i know the rig cant do it... yet.

i rarely get stuck, but it does happen, and i got all my own tools to get myself out (shovel, come along) so yeah.

but no i dont do things that i know the truck wont do.

i wheel with my head.:awesomework:

4x4Dude, we all understand you desire to get out and wheel, but the point I think you are missing in the various messages is that if you get out and in over what you rig is ready for, you not only screw up your day, but also the day of the guys who then take the time to help get you and your rig out and back where it can handle it's self.

No one is saying don't go out, they are saying use your head and don't get in over it, so they then have to rescue you. :awesomework:

Also it sounds like you may not be old enough to have :beer: legaly and if so, leave it alone if you are going out on the trails, none of us need the problems that can bring either. Act Responsible, and BE Responsible for your actions! :awesomework:

That's a nice straight lil Yota, are you sure you wanna beat it?

no i dont want to beat it. i want to wheel it.

i dont have to beat the truck to have fun in it.

and from what ive seen in tahuya with dirtbiking there, im not too worried.

I was going to post " wow these will be some intresting pics on Monday " then I read your post and am going to say that you hit it right on

Nothing is more fun that running trails 50' at a time:puke:
Nothing is more intresting that watching a guy distroy a perfectly good truck:eeek::corn:
And nothing sucks more that getting the truck out of the trail and then how do you get him home:awesomework::awesomework:

take it slow and maybe ask is there someplace that I can go 4 wheelin this comming up weekend and post a pic of your truck. then they will invite you along knowing what you truck is and it's capability. Everyone will have more fun and less popcorn will be ate

yeah my dad lives just outside of tahuya near kitsap lake, so if the truck completely busts cause i was being a dumbass then i can always have him come out and tow it to his house.

basically, id have no problem going by my own.

its just i want to wheel with a pack of people, make some new friends, and learn some new stuff and manuvers.:D

so would you toyota guys suggest me popping the front sway bar out?

does it really help much with the flex of a IFS?

so would you toyota guys suggest me popping the front sway bar out?

does it really help much with the flex of a IFS?

It helped mine, not a lot, but I felt that it handled better off road. Those IFS front ends are tougher than poeople give them credit for too.

I think when you figure things out a little more, poeple on here will be more receptive to invites to go wheelin. When YOU get stuck becuase of lack of traction and can't even winch yourself out it becomes everyones problem who is out on the trail with you.

those IFS toyotas actaully take a beating. I ran all over telico in NC in an IFS toy.

Weld up the rear, get some tires. and giver.. Hell, when you do that, give me a call. I usually do a run with the stock nissan guys every year and you are welcome to come along. when its dry an IFS rig can have some fun at evans.

FYI, 34 x 10.5 LTBs and cut the fenders.. it'll go well.

Ok guys, enough of some of the bullshit..

4x4dude, allot of the guys here including me are trying to help you.. Either accept it or not. Those of you who are here to pick on him, knock that **** off..

People seem to forget what it was like starting out and not knowing ****.

SO lets keep this constructive or your day will get bad..

thank you

Here is my contribution

I have a 4" lift at my house for you if you want it

Also have a set of 38s laying around

4X4 dude I am saying IMO that we all go together on trails and stay together. If someone has a problem we all work together to get them out

NO ONE IS LEFT BEHIND !!!!

That is the way we all roll
If you are ever up in Reiter land look me up. I will roll with you and we all will have fun

Make friends on here, We all probably got some stuff laying around that could help you build you truck for cheep. The knowledge on the forum is vas and all are willing to help with advise for you don't make costly mistakes " money is to hard to come by these days "
I started out 24 yrs ago with no money and did a bunch of stupid stuff. All I am trying to do is pass on what I have learned for posibly you don't make the same mistakes

Good luck this weekend, Have fun and please be safe

Ow ya TAKE PICS
remember it didn't happen if there isn't pics

for the people like you that are giving me constructive criticism and telling what im doing wrong or need to know, i thank you for sharing your knowledge.

but the people that are telling me to basically go out and find my own wheeling buddies, well come on dude i live in kent, no one wheels their trucks here, if its a 4x4 its got some 22in chromes on it and **** with a big chrome lift...

i came here to meet peopl that had new knowledge and had the parts i need to buy, and the ones that are serious about 4 wheeling, cause im serious about it too.

Ok guys, enough of some of the bullshit..

4x4dude, allot of the guys here including me are trying to help you.. Either accept it or not. Those of you who are here to pick on him, knock that **** off..

People seem to forget what it was like starting out and not knowing ****.

SO lets keep this constructive or your day will get bad..

thank you

thanks man, i may have read what you were trying to tell me earlier wrong.

if your lift will fit a 87 IFS then ill buy it, and damn sure those tires too.

yeah i didnt come here to be an asshole like ive come across as being so far, but i just dont like being talked down to.

yeah id like not to make mistakes.

id help do some truck work or custom fab work in trade for some parts if anyone is interested?

Here is my contribution

I have a 4" lift at my house for you if you want it

Also have a set of 38s laying around

4X4 dude I am saying IMO that we all go together on trails and stay together. If someone has a problem we all work together to get them out

NO ONE IS LEFT BEHIND !!!!

That is the way we all roll
If you are ever up in Reiter land look me up. I will roll with you and we all will have fun

Make friends on here, We all probably got some stuff laying around that could help you build you truck for cheep. The knowledge on the forum is vas and all are willing to help with advise for you don't make costly mistakes " money is to hard to come by these days "
I started out 24 yrs ago with no money and did a bunch of stupid stuff. All I am trying to do is pass on what I have learned for posibly you don't make the same mistakes

Good luck this weekend, Have fun and please be safe

Ow ya TAKE PICS
remember it didn't happen if there isn't pics

quick talking so much **** and lets go wheeling you ****ing flaming assholes!

jesus crist, sounds like children talking hella **** here...

i can wheel, im jsut saying its cool to meet new people.

and dont even think of insulting my mechanic skills.

i just dont know some specifics, like what axel i have? what spools are available to me?

so for the people that are cool and came here to wheel with other people, go ahead and PM me and lets go ****ing wheeling.

if my ass gets stuck (which i wont) then thats on me, ill handle my own **** just like I do every time i do when im wheeling alone.

thats the thing some of you dont seam to get... if you dont do stuff you know you or your truck isnt capable of, then you wont get stuck... get it?

:beatdeadhorse:

4x4dude

listen to some of it the rest is sHHIITTTTT thay will try to beat you down its saadd it has come to this their are people here that will help all others are butt pirates I WHEELED MY 90 TOY OPEN IN A SNOWY DEC. ON BUSY WILD MY FRIEND HAD THE WINCH AND WE WERE GOOD HAD 35" STREET TIRES. been happy ever cents be happy and wheel on.:awesomework:

There are lots of clubs that are more than willing to take in new "less expierianced" wheelers. Not everyone can just slide the credit card or has the abilitys to build a extreme rig. We all have to start somewhere. All this BS about you have to have this and you have to have that is just that BS. 4 wheeling is a learning curve and if we dont teach then our sport is doomed to die. Dude if your seriously looking for a group to wheel with then PM me your number and I will hook you up with a club.

As for the trashing some of you feel is necasary to noobs I deleted your posts and will continue to do so. So knock the **** off and try and be productive:awesomework:

If acting like complete dickheads is your thrill then Pirate is only a click away

There is NO reason NOT to go wheelin if properly equipped....Meaning a little common sense, atleast enough to know where you shouldn't be, and some recovery gear, and appropriate clothing. You just gotta know your limits. Nobody started out wheelin with a full tilt buggy, they progressed there. Some need all the extra crap to compensate for their lack of driving skill. If ya can't find a buddy to wheel with one can often ask another rig if they can tag along, just don't expect to be able to follow something built to a greater extent. Only way to gain experience is to DO IT, and HAVE FUN. Ya don't have to hit the outlet mall to be wheeli:awesomework:n.

yeah thanks man, im just here to have fun wheeling and meet more people that share the same fun as i do.

and learn some more stuff of course.

as well as find and buy alot more parts for my truck.

and yeah tires and winch are soon to come i assure you :awesomework:

4x4dude

listen to some of it the rest is sHHIITTTTT thay will try to beat you down its saadd it has come to this their are people here that will help all others are butt pirates I WHEELED MY 90 TOY OPEN IN A SNOWY DEC. ON BUSY WILD MY FRIEND HAD THE WINCH AND WE WERE GOOD HAD 35" STREET TIRES. been happy ever cents be happy and wheel on.:awesomework:

yeah i cant push the credit card cause im broke as ****, especially now that i hydrolocked my motor (more on that later with pics to show it DID happen lol )

but i do have the skills necessary to build a sweet truck, or anything really, i just need to save my finances and learn where to buy the good stuff.

and i PM'ed you.

There are lots of clubs that are more than willing to take in new "less expierianced" wheelers. Not everyone can just slide the credit card or has the abilitys to build a extreme rig. We all have to start somewhere. All this BS about you have to have this and you have to have that is just that BS. 4 wheeling is a learning curve and if we dont teach then our sport is doomed to die. Dude if your seriously looking for a group to wheel with then PM me your number and I will hook you up with a club.

As for the trashing some of you feel is necasary to noobs I deleted your posts and will continue to do so. So knock the **** off and try and be productive:awesomework:

If acting like complete dickheads is your thrill then Pirate is only a click away

see thats thing, i was just looking for at least 1 person or 2 people to tag along with so that way if either one of us did get stuck, we wouldnt be screwed you know?

im learning my capabilities very quickly, i dont want to push my truck to breaking point either so i tend to take obstacles on the trails easy so i dont bust my **** up you know?

i do love puddles way to much though, and payed the ultimate price for it this time around...

There is NO reason NOT to go wheelin if properly equipped....Meaning a little common sense, atleast enough to know where you shouldn't be, and some recovery gear, and appropriate clothing. You just gotta know your limits. Nobody started out wheelin with a full tilt buggy, they progressed there. Some need all the extra crap to compensate for their lack of driving skill. If ya can't find a buddy to wheel with one can often ask another rig if they can tag along, just don't expect to be able to follow something built to a greater extent. Only way to gain experience is to DO IT, and HAVE FUN. Ya don't have to hit the outlet mall to be wheeli:awesomework:n.

wheeling at Tahuya on the 28th

wasnt a very long or good day for me...

woke up at like 8:30 in the morning ready and excited to go wheeling, so me and erin, the female owner of the truck, woke up and got camp all ready to sit without us for a while and took the canopy off the truck to go wheel.

but we were hungry so we decided to go out to mcdonalds 10mins down the road to eat, cause were lazy... lol

so on our way out it had been raining alot like it does out here in Wa, and the sides of the dirt road way had pretty big water holes, so naturally, slapped it into 4 lo and locked the hubs and had some fun on the way to town.

well, after hitting a few smaller holes and having a lil fun, i decided to go big on the bigger hole, i went from 2nd gear low to 3rd gear low, and went gunning it straight for the big one.:redneck:

the trucks little 4 banger was sitting at about 3,5k rpms, and i hit the hole made it about half way through before the motor realized that it had sucked up about 2 liters worth of water into its intake.

which is conveniently wide open behind the drivers side headlight...

:mad: so you all know what that means, well i hought the truck just stalled out form getting the distributor wet, so when it stoped dead in its tracks, i didnt think nothing of it.

go to turn the motor over and just hear a loud "clank" of the starter hitting a solid stuck flywheel:booo: oh boy... im in trouble now.

so i climb in the back of the truck (still in the mud hole up to the doors in water) grab out the spark plug wrench and take out all the plugs and have erin (female owner) try to turn it over... "clank":eeek:

its done.

got towed out the hole by a 2wd van:mad: fail...
sadly pushed the truck back to camp on the dirt road... fail...
get there and shine a light into the cylinders to find 2 and 3 completely full of water to the bottom of the plugs. fail...
so i make a super long tube of numerous vacuum lines and spare hoses from other campers rigs and **** and suck out all the water from the cylinders.

pour in a concocktion of wd-40, 10w-40, and PB blaster penetrating lube.

rock the truck back and fourth in gear, drag it down the camp site in gear dumping the clutch, tryed just normally starting it. and nothing. all while the plugs were still out of course.

so then i get smart and stuck a screw driver down the spark plug holes only to find that the number 3 cylinder was about a half inch lower than the number 2, oops, bent rod...:looser:

so ive got a new block (new to me) for 50bucks, all new gaskets and seals and timing chain, about 200bucks. and a bunch of PVC pipe and **** for a snorkel kit 35bucks.

im gonna just rebuilt it all, and snorkel it and continue to hit the trails, with the memory of it in the past...:corn:

oops.

lol

i bet a few people here have hydrolocked their **** before huh?:mad:

oh yeah, and you best believe there wil be pics of the internals of our motor when we tear it all apart.

i heard that if theres no pics then it didnt happen.

so ill bring the pics.

oh there is no pics of the water holes cause well, come on, its water holes... we didnt even bring the camera to go to mcdonalds...:eeek: didnt think i was gonna kill the truck in a little water hole before even hitting the trails...

oh well, built it better for next time right?:awesomework::looser:

Status
Not open for further replies.