• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sauk Caskey 4X4

YotaDude1997

Disclaimer: If you HATE dispersed recreation on DNR lands, STOP reading now.

:beer:

Last year I was told that someone in need of dispersed recreation should visit a place north of Darrington. So, I took my family their Memorial Day weekend and camped on the Sauk River. The place was a bit rowdy for my wife and 10yr old girl. There must have been 100 folks there that weekend filling the river shores and power line camp spots. But....

.....The wheeling is old-school fantastic. This area is not on any Snohomish County DNR ORV maps. It's not even in Snohomish County. You won't hear the local Jeep clubs talk about this place. This area is a forgotten place to fish, shoot, ride and wheel. The trails are not rocky and there is little mud this time of year. The trails/trees can be a challenge for my Cherokee on 31's and lockers.

If your :eeek: has turned to :cool: then there is a planned group run open to all vehicle and driver types on Saturday, July 21st. Meeting underneath the power lines @ 10am.

I grew up on Sauk Valley RD.... The road to LK Caskey is the one just across the one lane bridge, correct? There is also an old kiln up there....

Just like Reiter won't last long, keep telling everyone tho maybe more reckless people will leave trash and more cars behind.

We had a great day with good weather. Trails are nice and dry, so I didn't have to pull cable all day.:DANCE: Still discovering 4x4 stuff out there with every visit. Short loops but still fun for the Cher-o-Car.

Camped solo next to the river Saturday night. Plenty of firewood to gather and not too buggy.