• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Scary

Here is some info from his add...

92 Suzuki Samurai on 44 Gumbo monster mudders with 15x14 black bart steel wheels Tires are 3/4 plus tread, but do have some dry rot, but hold air fine.

It has 1.6 engine out of a sidekick and I used the stock samurai fuel injection so it looks stock just with more power

It has dana 44 axles front and rear from an International Scout. They have stock gears, the rear is welded front its open. Rear axle is rolled up for driveshaft angle. Front axle axle is cut and rolled for driveshaft angle and to keep the steering camber correct.

Spring pads are made of 3 pieces of 2x2 1/4 inch wall square tube welded together, Much stronger than using bocks. I tried some blocks before and kept breaking the center pins out of them. It has 3 inch springs, extended shackles, 2 inch body lift. Total lift is around 18-20 inches

Transfer case has 4.16 low range gears in it and it will spin the tires over 1st 4low in the thick stuff 2nd gear if its not too thick.

Rear bumper is homemade with a 2 inch receiver hitch

The front bumper is a winch bumper with a 4500 pound Warn winch on it

I made traction bars for one side, butnever did the other side because that side seemed to control axle wrap really well

It has heavy duty driveshafts front and rear with 1310 u-joints

I bought it about 5 years ago as a completely stock 2wd and have done all the work on it so I should be able to answer any questions you have. I'm sure I left some stuff out but that should be most of the important stuff.

$5,000 OBO

The steering's not pretty but it works fine. I have a drop pitman arm and I used the stock scout and samurai drag links, cut them, bent scout one at a 90 up and then back across, welded the samurai drag link to it at the correct length then welded braces at a 45 angle across the bend and took a piece of the extra samurai drag link and welded it to the bottom piece since I couldn't brace that all the way to the end because of the spring. You can see it a little bit in the bottom picture I'll try to get a better picture up though. It actually steers very well and I have never broken it. I even trust it enough to drive down the road and around town occassionally.

I painted the drag link orange since this picture. This picture was also taken before I cut and rolled the front axle, changed the spring pads, you can see the blocks I had in the back then, no front bumper yet, and worn out and badly dry rotted 40X17 Gumbo monster mudders. You can see what the steering looks like though and I had to outboard the passenger side front spring a little to clear the axle, no traction bars yet either

Yup, just like they sold 2wd 4Runners for the Ca. market! Pretty rare, and if you believe it, there was still a tcase under 'em...just no shifter!

Latest posts