• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Schhol me on the RC crawler thing.

Is he a bubble head? I forget.:redneck:

No, I think his ship is classified as a frigate. It might be smaller.

If it has a hanger deck, it's on the fantail and used for copter landings. He might get some weird looks as his RC goes flying off the stern into the prop wash....

Nope I'm on a Frigate. Not much room though.

I'm up in the air. I like them both. I do like the size of the AX 10 though. The losi mini looks fun but after watching some videos it seems the AX 10 is more capable.

Last deployment I brought my guitar. I'm sure I could fit the crawler into the same space as the guitar.

No, I think his ship is classified as a frigate. It might be smaller.

If it has a hanger deck, it's on the fantail and used for copter landings. He might get some weird looks as his RC goes flying off the stern into the prop wash....

That's the flight deck. We do have two hangars. They are just big enough to cram one helo in. The other is used as a gym.

Nope I'm on a Frigate. Not much room though.

I'm up in the air. I like them both. I do like the size of the AX 10 though. The losi mini looks fun but after watching some videos it seems the AX 10 is more capable.

Last deployment I brought my guitar. I'm sure I could fit the crawler into the same space as the guitar.

Wow, my memory isn't as bad as I thought it was....

If you have any interest in coming to the comps dont waste your money on an ax10. If you just want something to play with, an ax10 is fine.

What videos were you watching? It's really expensive to get an ax10 to comp level and very few people run them.

Karl how much space are you going to have to crawl on? Or what are you going to be crawling on?

A super needs really big things to play on.

A 2.2 needs bigger things to have fun with.

A 1.9 takes smaller things

A micro you can buy a cardboard course to play on that is pretty small.

Or are you just looking for something to tinker with while underway?

Buy a moa 2.2 and you wont regret it ,unless you have no patience or like to buy aftermarket junk, a bully will make you happy. I have been through them all and love my bully the most.

Karl how much space are you going to have to crawl on? Or what are you going to be crawling on?

A super needs really big things to play on.

A 2.2 needs bigger things to have fun with.

A 1.9 takes smaller things

A micro you can buy a cardboard course to play on that is pretty small.

Or are you just looking for something to tinker with while underway?

I really don't want to "tinker" per say. Upgrading is a fact of life with serious RC use.

I want to be able to play with this car on the ship while underway, but also be able to take out in town when we hit port.

I'm really figuring it will be a "foreign port" hobby for me to keep me out of the bars all the time.

I assume that the above mentioned "super, 2.2, 1.9, micro" are competition classes?

Also, what I'm going to be crawling on the most is onboard. Inport, rock/urban courses.

Micro is not a class. But the other 3 are.

The micro is really small, like computer mouse size.

The 2.2 is a nice size but takes some space to play with. You might get a little bored on ship with it. Even the 1.9 might get a little big on ship. that would be my worry.

Micro is not a class. But the other 3 are.

The micro is really small, like computer mouse size.

The 2.2 is a nice size but takes some space to play with. You might get a little bored on ship with it. Even the 1.9 might get a little big on ship. that would be my worry.

I really don't want micro.

I'm truly thinking 2.2. I like the capabilities.

1.9 would be fun on the ship, 2.2 will be fun out in town.

That being said, I have to go to a hobby shop and look at both before a concrete decision.

I really don't want micro.

I'm truly thinking 2.2. I like the capabilities.

1.9 would be fun on the ship, 2.2 will be fun out in town.

That being said, I have to go to a hobby shop and look at both before a concrete decision.

If you want something that is capable & could be possible to comp with later on go with a losi comp crawler or the axial xr10. Both these kits are not ready to run, you basically need all electronics (XR10 requires tires too) but IMO this is the best way to go because stock electronics in all the RTR kits suck and you end up replacing them anyways, its much easier to do it the first time rather than having to replace them later.

-rpphobby.com has the losi comp crawler on sale for $199, was 289.

- ckrccrawlers.com has the xr10 on sale for like $255 w/ free shippin over 300 & they will match and beat anyones price for the same item.

You could always do a budget build if your worried about $$$ and find some used parts for cheap:awesomework:

The axial ax10 & the losi night crawler are both good trucks too but they are pretty limited without having dig. IMO the losi night crawler is a better rig out of the box, the ax 10 has very weak steering components that need to be upgraded right out of the box, no drag brake, no adjustability for suspension tuning, no built in lipo cut off & no instant reverse.

Hey, thats not nice... But as a retired..... (fawking targets,,,:rolleyes:) I am trying to watch this as I am also interested and have very lil space....:awesomework:

Spending $200 on a nto RTR is kinda pointless dpending on what electronics you get. I bought a RTR nightcrawler for$350 and im sure they are cheaper now. I just didnt feel like spening like $50 for a controller and receiver. $20-50 for an ESC. $30-$50 for a Servo and screws to fit. Losi Nightcrawler was so worth it. But mine is a scaler now. Im looking into buying another nightcrawler tho.

Spending $200 on a nto RTR is kinda pointless dpending on what electronics you get. I bought a RTR nightcrawler for$350 and im sure they are cheaper now. I just didnt feel like spening like $50 for a controller and receiver. $20-50 for an ESC. $30-$50 for a Servo and screws to fit. Losi Nightcrawler was so worth it. But mine is a scaler now. Im looking into buying another nightcrawler tho.

It is not pointless to spend 200 on a non ready to run kit, it all comes down to what you plan on doing with it. Sure you can get a ready to run kit for 350but the way it comes out of the box is far from comp worthy, let alone good enough to hit some decent rocks with. Why pay an extra $100-150 on accessories that you may end up taking out to replace with better ones when you could have spent a little more up front to buy the good stuff:flipoff:

I bought my losi night crawler and ended up replacing the stock motor, esc & servo with HH Motor, Mamba max pro esc & high torque servo just to make it fun to drive, now I have all that stock old stuff sitting in a box.:rolleyes:

Yeah welll theres people out there that dont comp. I think the LNC did pretty good on the rocks, Only problem I Had was low Servo torque.

Id be more than happy to take that stock stuff off your hands :redneck:

Yeah welll theres people out there that dont comp. I think the LNC did pretty good on the rocks, Only problem I Had was low Servo torque.

Id be more than happy to take that stock stuff off your hands :redneck:

dont get me wrong the losi does great out of the box but it definately lacks the punch when it comes to steering and wheel speed.

Well after comparing the price to add dig and some other stuff I wanted to my LNC I decided to go with the XR10 so I took the motor and speed control out of it and will be putting the stock stuff back in so that my kids can play with the LNC.

Latest posts