• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

School me on ODB2 Scanners...

Zoediak

I am looking at getting a reader/scanner...

the problem is, i don't want to spend a fortune on one...

it is not something that i will be using every day...

I want to be able to diagnose codes, if/when a CEL comes on.. clear them if needed, and any other goodies that might go along with..

again... don't want something uber expensive, but also really don't want the $59 HF special...

what should i be looking for exactly???

because i will be needing one for this weekend so my time to order/purchase is getting limited...

so... i am looking at this scan tool...

Linky

wondering if it would be a decent choice..

or is that brand just junk???

i know i don't want to spend the $$ for anything from snap-on and such, as I also have zero access to a tool truck, so what's the point...

If you have a droid phone, you can get an app called Torque that is a scanner... You have to buy a bluetooth thing you plug into the rig that talks to your phone... Might be worth checking out...

If you have a droid phone, you can get an app called Torque that is a scanner... You have to buy a bluetooth thing you plug into the rig that talks to your phone... Might be worth checking out...

This.

There is a thread on pirate about it. You just have to buy the "dongle" that attaches your phone to the obd2 port.

hmm.. interresting..

i will have to look into that...

I have the iPhone 4, so I will have to see if there is something for that...

Bluepoint makes a small scanner for like 300 bucks. Reads all domestic vehicles. Cant beat some cheapish high end electronics:awesomework: I would find it online, but i gotta take a shower.

What's an ODB2 scanner?

sorry.. dyslexic fingers while trying to type it out at work...

OBD 2

or

OBD ii

or

OBD II

or

OBD Two

or.....

:fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley:

:haha: :haha:

so anyway... I ended up ordering the Equus 3160 Scanner from Amazon..

it was $194

cheaper than i found anywhere else..

it fell within my budget of $200, and in that series is the top one...

:cheer:

Looks like a good scanner. Nice that it does abs and airbags too. :awesomework:

that was one of the selling points for me to choose it...

if i was going to spend the $$ i wanted it to do a little more than just the basic..

plus, for the price... the MSRP is still over $400 for it... shucks/o'reily's wants like $300 for it...

Amazon FTW!!!! $194 woot!! :cheer:

Latest posts