• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

School me on Orange Beach, AL

TN12Valve

We are heading down to Orange Beach on Thursday for a week of R&R. I have never been before and my girlfriend has only been a few times with her family and we don't really know much about the area I.E. Good eats, entertainment, and the like... We are staying in a condo at Turquoise Place and I have read that there is a lot to do there but we also want to explore the area and find some cool places to eat and drink. Any suggestions? I have heard about Lulu's and The Hangout but that's about it. Drop some knowledge on me gentlemen!

I really like King Neptunes and The Tintop restaurants, LuLu's is great for the kids. Check out The Wharf for shopping and it has a cool ferris wheel at night. And if you get bored with the beach check out Ft. morgan and maybe ride the ferry over to Dauphin Island. And don't forget the FloraBama

TN12Valve said:
We are heading down to Orange Beach on Thursday for a week of R&R. I have never been before and my girlfriend has only been a few times with her family and we don't really know much about the area I.E. Good eats, entertainment, and the like... We are staying in a condo at Turquoise Place and I have read that there is a lot to do there but we also want to explore the area and find some cool places to eat and drink. Any suggestions? I have heard about Lulu's and The Hangout but that's about it. Drop some knowledge on me gentlemen!

You must go to Florabama for drinks if you have never been. It's huge, always plenty people and live bands, and it's right on the beach. Lulu's is def a cool place to chill, good for kids during the day, but more adult oriented at night. The Hangout is a great place. Right next to the Hangout is one of my favorite places, Pink Pony Pub. Usually have karaoke in there, just another bar scene type joint. We chilled both inside and outside on the back deck, again right on the beach. The Wharf is really nice, although I've only been once to watch fireworks for new year's eve, so I'm not really familiar with what all is actually at the wharf.

Also another place with good food and good drink selection is Tacky Jacks. It's up in Gulf Shores near Hangout, Pink Pony, Lulu's and all that, although I think there is one in orange beach too maybe? They gots some badass shrimp up in that bitch! drool drool drool

The world's tiniest Hooters restaurant is there in the middle of Gulf Shores too. That's usually the first place we eat as soon as we roll into town. Scarf down some buffalo shrimp and a couple pitchers of beer to get the pregame faces on molaugh A friend of mine's mom lives down there about 5 min from the middle of Gulf Shores so we've took plenty trips down there over the years, free room and board ftw!

:drinkers:

Docs seafood is good, The Keg is good for a beer/beers and a burger, sea n suds towards gulf shores is awesome, the Gulf is a new restaurant thats right on the pass on the orange beach side, your not far from the flora bama which is a must. If you have a boat hit up pirates cove and the sand islands right by the pass. My parents have a place down there, its good times.

and tacky jacks like he said^^

Tacky jacks is good too. There's one in orange beach looking towards the gulf.

Oh and Lamberts, home of the "throwed rolls" is awesome. It's a bit of a drive back out of town, usually best to hit early in teh day or on the way in/out. Their country style food is awesome, and you always get huge helpings, which is key to me, cuz I like to FEAST! ...but they do not serve alcohol. Although they will throw a hot roll across the room at you!

Cosmos and Harbor grille for fine dining and Reds for Reds. By the way, DAYUM, Torquoise? You must be a baller to stay there. :****: :dblthumb: :dblthumb:

Live Bait has always been my favorite. There is a bait shop near the state line that will steam you up some shrimp, potatoes, and corn for carry out that goes good by the pool!

Thanks guys! I am going to look into all these places today and try to get a game plan together for the week. If y'all think of anything else, be sure to let me know!

You MUST go to cottons and get the sea food plater. It's like $60 but worth every penny!!!

Cottons and Cosmos are higher end. Lesters is another good one. Docs for good fried shrimp, etc not as pricey as the others listed. Tacky Jacks is good for breakfast.

Lulu's is a pain, the Hangout is better in my opinion. Both are geared towards kids.

Florabama is a must.

And yes, if you are staying at Turquoise you will not be disappointed. Baller condo.

I've seen the floor plan and pictures of the condo... By the looks of it I may not leave there the entire week! Get me a couple of handles and a 20# bag of ice and be good to go! My girlfriend said something about a lazy river at turquoise that sounds like it's got my name written all over it!

Sent from my cellular device.

Damn!!!! Y'all's got me wantin' to head south! :****:
The woman's been after me to go somewhere for a few days....sounds like my kinda place!! :eat: :drinkers:
Just curious... Round about what are the rates at this Turquoise place??? If you don't mind sharing.... thumb.gif

Is that the one down there with like 3 round glass buildings with enclosed multilevel parking?

wannabe said:
Is that the one down there with like 3 round glass buildings with enclosed multilevel parking?
That would be it.

The other place down there that is so nice The Mediterranean, directly next door to Florabama. I have a good friend that owns a place there. 3500 square foot, granite everywhere, 4 bedrooms, balcony that overlooks ocean and wraps all the way around to the front of the building as well. Only 2 units per floor. They do not rent it, but the ones that do rent for about $5000 a week during peak season. Kenney Chesney stayed in one last weekend there.

If you are at the Wharf stop by Baumhower's restaurant. They have really good cheeseburgers. :eat:

Damn that sounds sweet but ain't got any need for all that luxury.
Me and the woman can go to Cancun for 5 nights and stay at a 4 star resort in nice accommodations for less than half that....all inclusive (food,alcohol,round trip airfare,transfers, tips etc...) and ya can't beat the Caribbean!! :****: :drinkers: flashemifyougotem :cougar:
Damn I need a vacation!!!! 8)