• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

School me on the GM crate LSX 454

kmcminn said:
600 is probably less than what you have now?

They're definitely in the same ballpark. The 454 has a little more torque coming in at lower RPM. You could make the case that even though both are forged motors, mine has better parts. I'm really interested in swapping, just wanting to learn more about the engine. It is bad ass for sure. I got it for a steal, so I really don't want to sell it. The second I did, I would end up blowing my motor or wanting it for a project or something.

redneckengineered said:
They're definitely in the same ballpark. The 454 has a little more torque coming in at lower RPM. You could make the case that even though both are forged motors, mine has better parts. I'm really interested in swapping, just wanting to learn more about the engine. It is bad ass for sure. I got it for a steal, so I really don't want to sell it. The second I did, I would end up blowing my motor or wanting it for a project or something.

I imagine this motor is even more reliable. GM has always been terrified for their GMPP crate motor to blow up, so they are really conservative

redneckengineered said:
It does. I've seen it listed at 600hp which makes me think crate motor but then he claims 800hp in a driver interview with Busted Knuckle so who knows ::)
I know right before hot springs race last year he had a **** ton of work done to it.