• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Scirocco radiators for a Chevy 4.3L ?????????????

wheeler4x4samota

i need to get a small radiator for my sammy and the only one that i could find that will fit my size requairments is an 22" Width and 13" hidth aluminum Scirocco fan with the dual 8 inch fans from flex a lite and i have some questions for those who are familiar with Scirocco radiators and fans

1: Will they keep a chevy 4.3L cool at crawling speeds

2: Is there a better radiator for my aplication the size needs to be 23" MAX wide and 17" max hidth and a fan to match

please help

thanks

Last edited:
I seriously doubt a scirroco radiator will be enough to keep a 4.3L cool....might have to go custom...

The core on my astro, which is my work van and loaded with tools, is 23 1/2" x 17"... It's got the 4.3 in it...

I've sat in bumper to bumper traffic in the summer for hours with other astro vans all over the place doing the same thing without any problems... This one is 20 yrs old and worked just about everyday of it's life...

Shouldn't be a problem for ya...

Can you find anything with those dimensions that has more than 1 row???

i cant tell you for sure it will work fine. ive heard hot rod guys use scirocco rad/electric fans all the time. i guess they work pretty well.

Ive heard the same as well..Most every hotrod catalog has a "scirocco" model rad for sale(aka speedway etc...). Will it work in a offroad application is the real question. CFM of the fans and the switching temp may be the key to having it all work.

I seriously doubt a scirroco radiator will be enough to keep a 4.3L cool....might have to go custom...

The reason I say this, is a buddy up here has a 4.3 in his yota, and with a larger rad(3.4v-6 yota)than you are needing he is constantly having issues with it running warm, especially on long slow-speed climbs.
It might work, but the key is to find out the flow rating of the scirroco rad, and compare it to the radiator designed for the 4.3.....and also get the proper cfm fans and temp switch! Do your research is all I can say....