• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Scrapper Scaler

Boonie Buster

Stuck on a Curb
Ok, so i've had enough and it's time to start a prelim build, I want to do a scratch build. I'm finding that if i dont start piecing it together, i'll never do it!:haha:

I'm wanting to build something of a 2.2 scaler with a Bug body, something that has good flex but not 90* flex.:redneck:

I started a ad in the trader section...
A list of needs i guess:

-Chassis
-2.2 Tires/wheels
-ESC
-Motor
-Tranny (not the seattle kind...:redneck:)
-Axles (preferably Axial?!?! i'm not sure if the TXT/TLTs are too big?)
-Wiring
-Links
-Bug Body
-Battery/Charger
-Shocks (maybe if the ones i have for the nitro wont work...)

ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS FOR PARTS AND SETUP ARE HIGHLY ACCEPTED HERE!!!! :awesomework::cool:

I really need a suggestion for chassis and links to start, I had though of something like an axial chassis.....

do you have some info on making your own chassis and links? the links i can figure out i think, just need a good place to buy parts...., but i dont know much for geometry of the chassis....

the hobby shop in puyallup has a lot of stuff for rc crawlers i just baught a bug body their today. and if you need parts im selling both my crawlers and all my spare parts which is a ton i even have a spare axial frme.

go get some brakeline and start welding up a few chassis. You will build about 2-3 ugly ones that suck, then you will get it right.:D:D

i have one complete scale crawler very well built works perfect that comes with a traxxas tq controller and a mega 2 quik charger and i have a huge tackle box full of every part you can think of except axles i want 400 for the crawler and charger or 500 for all of it and theirs almost enuff to build two more crawlers minus axles. even comes with an axial frame and three bodies. also have all the little tools for everything.

will also throw in two brand new brake line benders two 4 foot sticks of line and a soldering kit with misc other tools and material.

will also throw in two brand new brake line benders two 4 foot sticks of line and a soldering kit with misc other tools and material.

I tried the solder route. I didnt even get the chassis done before breaking the joints.

Deffinatly weld them. Good deal tho.:beer:

im tryin tobuy a bender so im selling all my rc stuff for now but i got a ton of it. i have already built bent links for it and have all the ends to the list goes on and on.

i hear ya about the soldering thing but it comes in handy for other stuff. i found tday at the hobby shop some cool rod material that i could probly weld with my little lincoln mig 100.

i hear ya about the soldering thing but it comes in handy for other stuff. i found tday at the hobby shop some cool rod material that i could probly weld with my little lincoln mig 100.

Could you send me a pic of the scaler and the bodies!? What are the parts you used on the scaler? Motor, ESC, tranny, etc.?