• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

screw dodge fu-- dodge my dodge GGGRRRRR

wheelinjp

so the awesome paymentmobile(1st and last truck Ive bought on payments) spends yet another stint at the dealership. 08 6.7 cummins with the most rediculous emissions system know to the world. It is getting its 3rd particulate filter. Has had 2 turbo housings, 2 intercoolers, all the o-2 sensors replaced 4 times, and spent 27days at the dealership in just a span of 60k miles. I cant wait for the last 20k miles to go by before the warranty expires so I can throw the downpipe, egr blockoff and tuner on it. sorry for the rant, so how many others on here have had issues with this? I wanted to sell this thing 6mos. ago but cant because of the resale value. GGGRRRRRRR. I shouldve kept my damn suburban.

Electro diesels scare the **** out of me.

I would forget about the exhaust and tuner and GET RID of it 200 miles before the warranty is out.

Too expensive to own without a warranty. Thats just me tho.:beer:

sounds like you got a lemon there. Sorry man. :booo:

My freind's 07 went back alot for reprograming. No major repairs like yours. His warranty just ended and he yarded the regen system and added the programmer. Loves it now and getting over 20 mpg.

Ive talked to alot of guys who love theirs after yarding out all the crap. I will be doing that as soon as 100k hits(less than 20k miles) and know I will see increases in fuel mileage. It is a bummer to have such a bad experience though. I now know why dodge is perpetually going bankrupt. Lots of warranty work. I spoke to an attorney and they said not enough wrong for the buyback program either. dang it haha.

You are very close to meeting the paramaters of Washington Lemon Law.
Even if you don't go Lemon, you need to educate yourself on your legal rights.

I feel your pain man. But there is hope. I just gutted my neighbors 6.7L, and it is now getting close to 20mpg and has tons-o-power. Just make sure you keep all of the "stuff" you take off the truck. He used the H&S Tuner. It's a totally different truck now.

I really don't get waiting to do what you want with the truck. This especially applies in your case as it seems your problems are stemming from the system or should I say a faulty system. I would be irate with the truck and would either be having that **** fall off or get a different truck.

I really don't get waiting to do what you want with the truck. This especially applies in your case as it seems your problems are stemming from the system or should I say a faulty system. I would be irate with the truck and would either be having that **** fall off or get a different truck.

X2....Seems all the issues you're having stem from the Regen. system...get rid of it already!!!:redneck:

I went and picked up an 08 Mega cab for a friend early last year, about a week later the turbo was replaced under warranty thanks to the EGR crap. The week after that, it was back in my garage shedding a few pounds and getting a Smarty. The truck runs great and never had a single issue since! I don't know how people leave that crap on. Warranty or not.

I had simular issue's , sold it and bought a 2010 400hp 1500 Ram with heated/air conditioned seats, no more problems and my old butt is comfortable :redneck:

Edit: and now I'm getting 18.6 mpg opposed to 11.8 with the 6.7 :D

I had simular issue's , sold it and bought a 2010 400hp 1500 Ram with heated/air conditioned seats, no more problems and my old butt is comfortable :redneck:

not big on heated seats....or half tons....or gasers

I held onto the stock crap incase it **** a tranny. the 6sp auto cant be cheap to replace. So once it hits 100k it will be getting the emissions crap deleted and a tuner and exhaust. I live in rainier so I dont have emissions testing....yet. I will keep all the stuff incase I have to put it back on. Its all good, its about to get all kinds of goodies anyway. It needs tires and shocks too. So I will likely throw some 35s and a leveling kit on it too. Thats coming first. Im calm now. I was pissed off yesterday. thanks for the input guys you made me realize it will get better real soon. Im just paranoid about trannies. :awesomework:

I held onto the stock crap incase it **** a tranny. the 6sp auto cant be cheap to replace. So once it hits 100k it will be getting the emissions crap deleted and a tuner and exhaust. I live in rainier so I dont have emissions testing....yet. I will keep all the stuff incase I have to put it back on. Its all good, its about to get all kinds of goodies anyway. It needs tires and shocks too. So I will likely throw some 35s and a leveling kit on it too. Thats coming first. Im calm now. I was pissed off yesterday. thanks for the input guys you made me realize it will get better real soon. Im just paranoid about trannies. :awesomework:

The 6 speed auto is way better then the old 4 speed.. If that's what you're worried about, don't be. You will have to go back in for warranty work far more often if you leave that stuff on. So I still see no reason to wait till 100k if all it's doing is causing you headaches. Most people I know don't even make it 1k before that stuff is gone.

the 6 speed is covered to 100k iirc.

What kind of driving do you do do you let it idle like diesel people always do? Do you drive on the freeway alot? tow alot?