• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Seat belt harness installation?

zip1

I've the Corbeau SS seats, I'm 6'2" and my shoulders are about 6"s higher than the seat slot. I've purchased the Y style harness with the thought that they would go through the seat slot.

So it looks as though I'll need to mount the harness over the the top of the seats, is this an acceptable method of installation with the Y style harness?

You would want the sternum strap at a minimum and would have to mount the upper mounts at your shoulder height, or the straps will try to pull down and let your upper body move forward. I found this to very much suck in my CJ7...:;

I was just wondering about that while out in the garage doing some pondering. I had my son sit in the passenger seat (6') so I'll probably split the difference between the two points. But, yes I thought it would have to be mounted pretty high for my application...thanks for the feedback, I'll stop in at Speedmart in Burlington my next trip up to the Isand, to pick up a sternum strap & some pads

At shoulder height or above is best. Any lower and you risk breaking your collar bones in an accident. Did you get the wrap around style ends or the bolt in style?

At shoulder height or above is best. Any lower and you risk breaking your collar bones in an accident. Did you get the wrap around style ends or the bolt in style?

You dont want to go much higher, or in a roll you will try to move what is then down to the roofline....
You just dont want to go down at more then a 30 deg. angle, but in this case straight back is best...

Based on the instructions (1" to 4") below the shoulders is what is recommended, I'm looking at 2"...and I got the wrap around style

You dont want to go much higher, or in a roll you will try to move what is then down to the roofline....
You just dont want to go down at more then a 30 deg. angle, but in this case straight back is best...

I'll probably stay with the 2" below the shoulder based on the instructions now that I know it's OK to have the harness go over the top of the seat

I apologize for hijacking like this, but are there any harnesses on the market that can be used with stock toyota buckets by mounting to the back wall of the cab or something similar?