• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Security System using cellular phone

TURNEROFFROAD

I've purchased some land on a lake in the backwoods. We are building a lake house and I'd like to have a security system that'd call me if someone bothers the place. Does anyone know of such a system? I don't want to break the bank and I do have electricity there but no phone line.

TURNEROFFROAD said:
I've purchased some land on a lake in the backwoods. We are building a lake house and I'd like to have a security system that'd call me if someone bothers the place. Does anyone know of such a system? I don't want to break the bank and I do have electricity there but no phone line.

Pretty much all the home security systems you buy these days come with that feature. Look into Costco, very affordable, many features and easy installation and user friendly.

Cell phones are the preferred method from what I gather because its harder to jam a cell signal than it is to cut a phone line. Pretty much all systems use them these days.

I think Vivint works off cell service and has cameras that don't require power, just batteries. One of their sales guys bothered me for an hour one day telling me about it.

You need to contact Kpatterson on here, he owns a security company in ga but can fill you in on this stuff.

TURNEROFFROAD said:
Thanks, so just power and no comm line needed? Cool using a mobile phone would be awesome

It will also give you live video on your phone. We are looking to put one in here at my office to catch our fuel thieves. :****:

My security system was installed by Eden Security. I have used their service for about 20 years now. They just upgraded my service to cellular today to isolate it from the phone lines and power issues. Terry Sullens, 205-542-9731