• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

3m security window film

Chuck19

Does anyone have any experience with 3m security window film it looks good on there videos but I'm have a hard time finding a price on it or a place to buy it I'm looking at this for some doors at my church.

I did my bedroom windows because I work nights every other week. I did them myself, and it wasn't too hard. If I were doing an entire house I would probably have someone do it.
2f43183c19efb24f8593cbb01c339e4d.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That looks cool, but how much is it? I googled Lowes and couldn't find it for some reason, only frosted 3m film.

My only concern is during a fire and needing to get out a window. But I'm paranoid.

customcj7 said:
That looks cool, but how much is it? I googled Lowes and couldn't find it for some reason, only frosted 3m film.

My only concern is during a fire and needing to get out a window. But I'm paranoid.

I assure you, if there is a fire, you will muster up the strength to get thru some tint :dblthumb:

muddinmetal said:
I assure you, if there is a fire, you will muster up the strength to get thru some tint :dblthumb:
:rolf: :rolf: :rolf: I got a mental picture of Madea busting through that ****, hollering hell to the naw! Yall aint burning me up!

customcj7 said:

About $35 for the kit, it was more than enough to do a few windows. You could easily get thru the tint. I haven't looked at website, but at my local store it's located on same aisle as window shades I believe

muddinmetal said:

If you watch any videos of it, the way they beat on it a good bit of the impact is on the middle of the glass and none are on an installed door so the frame and stand help absorb the impact. I am not saying it is not strong or a good product but I feel like if you kicked a few good times where the window meets the door, the edge would break where the film cant be applied. :dunno: I think it is a heck of a way to slow someone down and discourage any malicious activitie.

I did a little reading on it..... just sticking it to an existing window doesn't do much.... you have to trap the edge of it under a molding or inside the window frame.... otherwise it can just bust out the whole window....