• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SEPT 9TH WAS ONE STRANGE DAY INDEED!

6uldv8

Where do I start? OK....from the beginning......

I've had no calls or offers on my building in months or longer....ever since the supposed downfall of our economy.

Yesterday....out of the blue.....not only do I get a call but the guy wants to lease it right away....right now! loller.gif

That was the highlight of the day.

Yesterday afternoon I'm headed across west Alabama to make a delivery. I'm on a busy highway in the middle of nowhere and I find a baby in the road! YES! a baby maybe 2 yrs. old at the most is standing all alone right on the white line! I slide to a halt...back up and snatch him from the road. There is a dirt road that ties into the highway at this location so I assume that's where he came from. He had on a diaper and a t-shirt and nothing else....soaking wet from all the rain and obviously cold. He was happy to have me holding him. I was lucky and a lady saw my truck in the middle of the road and me out with a baby and she stopped. I asked her to drive up the dirt road and see if she could find a house while I warmed the kid and moved my truck. She found a house I **** you not at least 150-200 yards up the dirt road. She brings some rough looking dude back to get the kid. He's squalling..she's squalling....me and the kid are in shock! I gave him the kid...I guess I was still too shook up to cuss him...I just remember telling him that it was his and the kids lucky day. I left. I did call the sheriff's dept for that county and report it. They had tons of rain down there yesterday and water was gushing thru the ditches...the highway is a major truck route. Lucky kid!

I'm on my way home last night and get a call that my brother has had a heart attack. He was in Gulf Shores at the time so they took him to Fairhope. He's doing good. They put a stent in the front last night but he needs another in the back that they'll do tomm. It's more risky so I'm headed to Fairhope shortly. I think some of you know he also has cancer. They contribute some of this to the effect chemo has on your arteries and veins.

Keep him in your thoughts please.

Thanks

Agreed yesterday was screwed up.

Sorry about your brother, but you saved a life and for that you are a hero. Glad you reported that as well.

:eek: MAN WOW !! You did have one hell of a day bro ! Hang tough and we will keep your brother in our thoughts man ! thumb.gif

Hope everything turns out good for you brother. It shoud since you saved a life. thumb.gif

Sorry to hear about your brother, but Stents are the best thing to happen to people with heart problems. They are in and out in no time and problem fixed. thumb.gif

The Kid story is awesome, great save.

Sorry to hear about your brother. Hope all turns out for the best.
As for the kid, I think I would have taken the kid to the police station or called them on the spot. Fuggin dude was probably stoned or drunk and didn't even know the kid was gone. :mad:

A big thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers! My brother is doing fine! They did the 2nd stent on Thursday and he was set to go home today but he had a little bit of a irregular heart beat so they made him stay till tomm. It's supposedly normal and expected and is related to the increased blood flow. He should be fine. Overall he was very lucky...the day before the attack he was 60 miles out in the gulf fishing ahead of the storm.

The baby ordeal still gives me shivers....I kinda wish I'd have done more as far as notifying the authorities but the remote location and no cell service kinda sucked.....if I'd loaded him in my truck and took him to the authorities they'd have probably locked me up for baby snatching. Beyer, I think you are exactly right about the parent. This baby was too young and too far away from his house for it to have only been a few minutes. He had been gone awhile! I've got two kids and I know they can get away even under a watchful eye but not like this.