• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Serviceable Rear Wheel Bearings on a Honda CRV???

B Gillespie

Anyone messed with one? A friend is out of the country and his rear wheel bearings are becoming agitated. Local Honda dealer wants Overton money to replace them. I can ship parts through his company, but I have zero experience working on small foreign SUV's.

Do they use unit bearings? If so, front, rear, or both?
Traditional bearings with a part number that I can cross reference?
Any special tools required?

What year? AWD?

Edit, just looked it up, all CRVs have front and rear bearings that require a press to install and remove, and since the spindle gets removed it gets an alignment as well. Lemme guess $600ish :dunno:

I'll get you all the specifics if you want them.

grcthird said:
What year? AWD?

Edit, just looked it up, all CRVs have front and rear bearings that require a press to install and remove, and since the spindle gets removed it gets an alignment as well. Lemme guess $600ish :dunno:

I'll get you all the specifics if you want them.

VIN #: RD1-5208597 and the engine ID B20B-7091213. It is 4WD and has ABS.

Thanks! I will take any information you have. The parts alone at the overseas dealership are significantly more than $600. ::)

I think you missed a digit for the year in the vin, B20B engine is in 97-01 models and they all use the same bearings. thumb.gif
Oem hub assembly part#
Right rear 42200S10A01
Left rear 42201S10A01

National makes the hub assembly also. Advance sells them.
right rear 512240 $95
left rear 512166 $96
Both of these still require a press to get the hub in and out of the hub bearing. And a 2 jaw puller may be needed to seperate the axle from the hub, rust and such.

Dude could probably save some money and pull them off himself and take them to the shop for just the press work.

[attachment deleted by admin]

blacksheep10 said:
I just think its cool you went to that length to get the info for a **** in TX laughing1 thumb.gif :flipoff1:

Thanks, I figure I might as well make one decently informative post every once in a while. thumb.gif

This is the first thread that ive read, in a while, that didn't make me feel a little stupider. THANKS!

zukiscott said:
We have got some GOOD folks on HARDLINE yall :dblthumb:

Including the angry arab, pretentious fireplace pimp, desert racer blowjob distributor, inventor of the "big bird" chassis & trailer park prostitution kingpin, spare change collecting Westborough pastor from KS, and inbred English butchers of TN, HL still trumps other options.