• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

shimming t-case yokes/flanges???

Boonie Buster

Stuck on a Curb
has anyone ever heard of this? MY front and rear outputs on my t-case are a bit loose, the nuts are torqued down but they still wobble, has anyone heard of shimming them to tighten up? It's a ford np205.... I am just not sure if it's the bearings that are shot.....for being rebuilt before i bought it, this shouldn't be happening..... I did change the yokes to flanges, so they are different, and as i recall they had no slop in them before i changed them....:eeek:

Another helpful safety tip.

1. Open package
2. Install the condom
3. Then drive hard.
4. Replace if loose.
:redneck:

Did you have to bore out for the 32 spline?

Wait, thats the input only. hmm... those bearings require no preload. Are you missing a snapring or something? Put it this way, is the rocking coming from a loose or not tensioned shaft / pinion nut or up and down?

Did you have to bore out for the 32 spline?

Wait, thats the input only. hmm... those bearings require no preload. Are you missing a snapring or something? Put it this way, is the rocking coming from a loose or not tensioned shaft / pinion nut or up and down?

it's up and down movement... the front moves in and out a hair, which is fine.... but i cant understand why the rear is moving this much, because before i changed the rear flange, there wasn't any movement that i can remember.

Oh BTW, the bilsteins FINALLY went on the truck tonight :awesomework: