• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

shnapy the shafty

cisco

My Toy front long side inner snapped off. It was a longfield chromo. Question is should I get another chromo or just put a stock one in? Or should I get the stock ones cryo treated? Would it matter if I mix a chromo short with a stock long?

Whats the latest on Martacking with ARB's, is it neccessary?

Did you have the 27 spline or the 30 spline? Did you install it right?Bobby should replace it for you .Call him

did you call boby? i swear i was just reading about a broken longfeild on another board and he seemed like he was totaly all about taken care of his customers. (cant wait till i can buy some longfeilds)

cisco said:
27 spline. Installed right to the best of my knowledge.

Ha thats to funny I had a feeling...........................

I would call bobby and ask him what he thought was the best to run. I never broke a stock cryoed inner:redneck: but then again I dont beat my stuff:kissmyass:

cisco said:
My Toy front long side inner snapped off. It was a longfield chromo. Question is should I get another chromo or just put a stock one in? Or should I get the stock ones cryo treated? Would it matter if I mix a chromo short with a stock long?

I always martacked mine and worked perfect..

How in the heck did you break something? Your not mr lead foot...

silly yotas

throw rockwells under and call it done :flipoff:

Yeah stay with the longfields. I have few friends that run them over on the big ol yota site. all happy like :hi:

How in the heck did you break something?
I'm not exactly sure. I backed the bumper into a rock and barely gave it any throttle and it just snapped. Stuff just breaks sometimes. It could have started a fatigue crack from earlier runs and it didn't take much for it to go.

Although new when I installed them, I didn't buy the shafts directly from Longfield so I don't feel right about trying to exchanging them. Sarge offered me one of his old cryo'd shafts so I'll just run that one.:cool:

cisco said:

Well if you live nearby and can bring that bad boy by the house I'd love to take a look. If it is indeed a Longfield we'll replace it.

Saweetness. I'll try to get down that way for some failure analysis. Unfortunately the inner portion has a rod scabbed onto the end. Only way I could pull it out.

Thanks,

Cisco