• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

shock advice

Mike G

I have been working on doing a SAS on a 94 4runner and its time to purchase some shocks. Im new to wheeling and this is my very first wheeler ive ever owend so I have no clue as to what im needing to purchase as far as size or what type. I have chevy rears in the back with 3" blocks, and I have toyota rears in the front with some waggys mixed in. So with these mods what type and size will work with this suspension? Sorry for the ignorance I know zero about shocks so any help would be greatly appriciated.

take that block out and work the rear springs until you have roughly level ride height. blocks are dangerous! then from there, measure. it's likely youll need a 12-14" shock.

take that block out and work the rear springs until you have roughly level ride height. blocks are dangerous! then from there, measure. it's likely youll need a 12-14" shock.

You lean add a leaf out of another pack? These were from a 2wd, i think the 4wd packs had an additional leaf right?

You lean add a leaf out of another pack? These were from a 2wd, i think the 4wd packs had an additional leaf right?

yea blocks are for mall crawlers... even then they are pretty sketch...does your front end really sit that much higher then the rear without the blocks?:eeek: if so add a couple leafs to the rear back,

yea blocks are for mall crawlers... even then they are pretty sketch...does your front end really sit that much higher then the rear without the blocks?:eeek: if so add a couple leafs to the rear back,

With the blocks the rear sits about an inch higher in the rear so I really only need to make up about 2" if that. Im willing to bet its because I used the chev 2wd spring, (3 leaf pack) instead of the 4wd whitch has an extra leaf.

If I remember right, the 4wd chev springs are not only a good bit taller, they have a higher spring rate, so if you go with the 4wd packs, you aren't going to have as much flex either.

What about trying to drop the front by playing with your leaf combination in order to match where the chevy's put your ass end?