• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Shooting at walker?

im going to say no!! and i love guns own a few so dont get upset with what i say next...
sorry but thats what a gun range is for not my orv park...

people go,and shoot up there but they stand at trail entrances..they are blasting away,and hardly ever notice when a rig or bike comes down the trail..

****ing retards are gonna shoot someone....i have never seen any spot up there that says you can shoot so like i said no... and i have noticed the amount of shooters up there has dropped drasticaly over the last couple years.

i suggest if you dont want to pay a gun range go way up a forest service rd... i dont think any orv park offers a safe shooting area,should they? yes maybe.

Don't assume that you can't shoot at Walker. This is the same mistake everyone made at Reiter and found out it was wrong. When this topic came up with the DNR at the DNR volunteer training class I took, the DNR said yes as a rule you can shoot on DNR land but it must be done safely with a backstop and no garbage type targets then clean up as you leave. The reason for this we were told is the DNR has to let hunting on their land so there must be shooting.
Now given that I would contact the DNR directly and ask them about Walker as there are specific areas where you can't shoot. Could be a local ordinance there....
FYI you can still shoot at Reiter if you walk in and go far enough away from the road as there is a local ordinance that says you have to be a certain distance from the road but I don't know what the distance is.:beer:

I don't have a problem with people shooting. As long as they have a safe backdrop, and pick up their targets when they are done.

I'm gonna say YES with 90% confidance...(I'm not a gun:rb:fag, so I can't relay certain rules in nomanclature)...But as long as you shoot in the correct manner and clean up after yourself, I believe the Sheriff and DNR will not interfere with your shooting fun.

Walker Valley is where we always used to go to shoot, even before I was into wheeling there. But now it just seems like there are too many ORV users to be shooting there safely, even if it is legal.

Anymore the people I know that shoot drive up to Alger mountain, there is a gravel pit that is popular for shooting and no other recreationalists (is that a word?) around.

You can shoot any where any time as long as ur a quicker draw than who ever tells you that you cant.:awesomework:

Excellent, thanks for all the responses. I actually have 3 range memberships and normally do shoot at the range. I picked up a new shotgun and the range rules and strict procedures isn't going to let me fully test its functions.

When I do shoot outdoors I am fully aware of projectile paths and fields of fire. If I question the safety of the place I pick to shoot then I pick a new spot. And, casings on the ground bug me so I not only pick up my own mess but I remove messes others before me created.

Anyone know of the sultan basin shooting pit is planning on reopening?

Thanks
Jim

Does shooting a gun give you a hard-on or something? What is so damn appealing about it? I know it's a very popular pastime but I guess I just don't get it.

:rolleyes:

Does shooting a gun give you a hard-on or something? What is so damn appealing about it? I know it's a very popular pastime but I guess I just don't get it.

:rolleyes:
Your going to wish you had with you after this weekend because we will be the only ones without one.

Sometimes I think we go to different Canada's.:eeek::D Not a single issue since our first experience...:shot:

I'll be there to protect and serve.:ninja:

Sometimes I think we go to different Canada's.:eeek::D Not a single issue since our first experience...:shot:

I'll be there to protect and serve.:ninja:
I'm not saying we need to worry about it but if you remember are first trip about 5:00AM someone standing 20' from where we were sleeping starting shooting and all I heard them say was **** those guys we've been comming here shooting for years. Maybe its just me but I feel better if I have something with me if needed.
I don't have the kung fu grip like you.:D

im going to say no!! and i love guns own a few so dont get upset with what i say next...
sorry but thats what a gun range is for not my orv park...

people go,and shoot up there but they stand at trail entrances..they are blasting away,and hardly ever notice when a rig or bike comes down the trail..

****ing retards are gonna shoot someone....i have never seen any spot up there that says you can shoot so like i said no... and i have noticed the amount of shooters up there has dropped drasticaly over the last couple years.

i suggest if you dont want to pay a gun range go way up a forest service rd... i dont think any orv park offers a safe shooting area,should they? yes maybe.
I agree with you....Walker is not a safe area to be shooting, as there are way too many trails out there you (the OP) probably have no idea where they run in the woods, or near a gravel pit, or anywhere up there!!! Hell, I still have no clue where 1/2 the singletrack and ATV trails are/go---and I've been out there on my ATV!
Also, a big part of the reason the west end of WV got closed was from folks out shooting---and the bullets were landing on peoples' roofs below! (Got this info from multiple different sources) Needless to say said homeowners rose a HUGE stink, and walla, west end is gone to ORV use...:booo: There are other areas that would be much better suited to shooting---just be sure and clean up after yourselves, PLEASE!!!

You are right , I don't know Walker nearly as well as I need to for shooting which is one of the reasons I wanted to ask here. I have other options I can try, beckler is always fun but they aren't open yet....atleast according to the website.

Will find another place that isnt also an ORV location.

Thanks
Jim

You are right , I don't know Walker nearly as well as I need to for shooting which is one of the reasons I wanted to ask here. I have other options I can try, beckler is always fun but they aren't open yet....atleast according to the website.

Will find another place that isnt also an ORV location.

Thanks
Jim

Much appreciated!:cool: Now if you wheel/ride, come on out!!!:awesomework:

Anyone know if its legal on Green Mt. out of Granite Falls?
And for the record I would never go shooting at walker.

Anyone know if its legal on Green Mt. out of Granite Falls?
And for the record I would never go shooting at walker.

is anythging illegal up in granite falls!!

and i did forget about the hunting on dnr land so im guess im wrong shooting probaly is ok at walker.. but i would say highly dangerous... i also heard about the stray bullets. didnt want to say that was reseon for closing west side wasnt 100% sure.

and after a few weird things camping a couple years ago, i never go into the woods without packing heat...

hey mark if things go bad in canacompton run!!! we will come back in force next time.. just remember the movie "canadian bacon":haha:

Latest posts