• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Shoppin for a TLT chassis

TomC

Hey guys. I've looked around and seen alot of different types of chassis available for a TLT buildup. There are alot to choose from from the vendors on rccrawler and a couple of other ideas on ebay.

Hoping to get some opinions on the chassis. I'd prefer a pretty low Center of gravvity on one..

What do you all think about this one..EBAY Tube chassis. I kinda like that it's a little different.

And of course there is the Bender SW2 which seems pretty popular. And I like the look of it. I'm just wondering if there are any Con's to running this particular chassis? is the CG a little higher than other types of chassis...?

Also wondering if a TLT is usually limited to about 13" or so. I know with a Clod it doesn't matter too much because the motors are mounted on the axles so it's easier to go longer. Just wondering how long people usually go with the TLT's. not sure if running shafts that far out is very easy or a good idea at all.

-Tom

Tom - if you are thinking of competing, it looks like the local comps will be changing to the national format next year, which means 2.2's will be imited to 12.5" wheelbase. The tuber on ebay looks cool, but 13" would be over the limit.

xrc looks cool

Dude said:
SW2 or the new one out the XRC

I'm thinking about that XRC chassis. would you do the 40/60 set up? with the angled links? and the 40 is used up front and the 60 behind right? seems to make sense to me. Don't know if it's available yet. Looked like they were still in a process stage before they were ready to roll'em out.

But it looks like it's built just like I was looking for. The Low CG and fairly simple. Wonder when they'll be ready..

-Tom

I didn't read the whole thread on them, but you could try sending InsaneRC a PM on rccrawler. It lools like a cool setup.

Latest posts