• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Show me you notcher... C'mon let's see it.

I got one from the Eastwood company for 69.00 not commercial use by any means, but for 1 or 2 projects, can't be beat, I have made a lot of notches with a single hole saw bit. Spray a little WD 40 on it while cutting.

HF notcher on a "modified" small HF drill press. Had to modify the base so it was tall enough to work with the notcher. Nothing special, but it works.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 147
Re: Show me you notcher... C'mon let's see it.

535796ec8eadca848b153145a5ac2e76.jpg

Hands down tn-250. But before this I had the jd2 notch master and it works well also. Only had luck with the Lennox hole saws though. One holesaw for my entire chassis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to use a pro-tools basic notcher, bought it in '03 and built my first buggy with it and a few bumpers and sliders. It was built with the hole saw not centered with the vise. I was able to shim it close, but was never happy with it. I used it for years though, bench mounted with a 1/2" drill. They have redesigned and improved on the old one. I was looking at the JD2 Notchmaster after reading tons of good reviews on Pirate. JD2 came out with the Beast while I was in the market so I bit the expensive bullet. While not nearly as expensive as the Mitler Bros milling notcher or any of the commercially available belt grinders, it seemed like a superior tool to for a reasonable price when compared to the Notchmaster. Baileigh had not released the TN-250 at that time and in retrospect, I would have gone that route. I was skeptical on their vise, but after seeing one in person I was sold. Although I never bought one, I would recommend the Baileigh TN-250 over the JD2 Beast. The Beast will allow for a ton of versatility, but sometimes requires some creativity on clamp placement and aligning the work piece with the hole saw axis. My .02

I have a versa notcher, it is super fast and accurate to set angle for notches. There is absolutley no guess work and you can notch round or square any size. Up to 2.5" I think. Not to mention it's also fairly light weight to put in and out of the vise.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    730.3 KB · Views: 115