• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Skeeter's Shakedown & Tranny Mounting Tech/Carnage

Re: Clayton, OK 7/2008

GStone said:
I can only offer how mine is done. It solid mounts off the adapter to the cross member which is bolted to the main frame rails using poly bushings. The motor is mounted to the chassis by poly bushings also, there is enough clearence around the headers and the frame rails to slip maybe two playing cards and my exhaust has never hit the frame from motor torque. My point is, nothing is mounted on any kind of rubber or anything that has "give" in it. From seeing other rigs that have had a "tranny case breaking problem", I usually observed that either the tranny, motor or t-case had rubber mounts mixed with solid or all rubber mounts. I haven't seen one that had everything more or less soilid mounted break tranny cases. Now, I'm only speaking from person experience, I don't doubt there are exceptions.

After saying all this it's likely to break the next time out. thumb.gif

The thing that throws me is how mine broke (the exact same way) and everything was mounted the same as yours. Added weight of the stak? Either way, it brings the suck when it happens.

I just wanted to mention that after these discussions I called Roark to purchase a rear Atlas support. These units are $125 plus shipping. However, he recently tried to change suppliers and instead of laser cutting them, as usual, 30 of them were plasma cut. He is selling these for $ 75 shipped. They work fine but are lacking some of the cosmetic quality of the laser cut pieces. He also told me that if I was unhappy with the product when I received it he would replace it with the laser cut support.

thanks david...i am gonig to get one ordered....

i am also getting a new case, at this time...i plan on saving the old case, having shack's welding plug and redrill the holes and keep it as a spare.......

Same thing has happened to me before, two tranny's in two trips... D300 hanging off the back of the th350. Sounds like its going back together for ya.

biggy said:
Same thing has happened to me before, two tranny's in two trips... D300 hanging off the back of the th350. Sounds like its going back together for ya.

What did you do to remedy it ?

I built a single bushing mount off the back of my D300 right outta the gate, at first I suspected it in my Bellhousing failure but after seeing the engine mount plate fail ( currently replacing with thicker plate ) I think that was more of an issue than my quicky D300 support.

DavidsCJ7 said:
I just wanted to mention that after these discussions I called Roark to purchase a rear Atlas support. These units are $125 plus shipping. However, he recently tried to change suppliers and instead of laser cutting them, as usual, 30 of them were plasma cut. He is selling these for $ 75 shipped. They work fine but are lacking some of the cosmetic quality of the laser cut pieces. He also told me that if I was unhappy with the product when I received it he would replace it with the laser cut support.

I just installed mine today. I didn't get the poly bushings or tabs so mine was only $30. Here is a pic of how I installed it.:

AtlasSupportRing002.jpg

looks good frank...my spuurot will be on order tomorrow...

however, i have not decided whether or not i will use the poly mounts, so i am just going to order a whole kit.....

Latest posts