• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Slide in camper dos / donts

You can also buy a very convienent propane powered portable oven. Nearly as large as those used in campers

Camp Chef Propane Oven

Last edited:
Brought home A 2004 Lance 8'-6" tonight. Has crapper and shower but no oven or AC. All in all very clean and in great shape. Tomorrow when I get time maybe I'll read the owners manual and see how everything works.:D

If it has the electric jacks, Lance likes to use the same signal/frequency on all of them. So after you use them turn them off. The guy I bought mine from said his 2 friends also have Lance campers and one time when they were getting things leveled one of the guys decided to take his off, well he took the other guy's off also, and did alot of damage.

Side note, I have a Lance and have had no complaints.

Really? You guys are such Susie homemakers you cant live in the woods for a week with no oven? wtf? :haha:

Im gonna get a shirt printed up, "real men dont need ovens". :kissmyass:

You guys are there to KILL things and you need an oven? Ill get ya some rainbow mitts before hunting season.:haha:

No electric jacks.......Managed to dump my tanks tonight without getting **** on me so that's a plus.:awesomework:
Minus though is it seems the gray and black water tank gages aren't reading right.:booo:...Battery didn't want to charge so I took it out and took a look to find it completely dry of water. Filled it up and hooked up a trickle charger and it seems to be charging.......

You have a few steps you can do to clean the sensors. You can either get a liquid cleaner, or you can get an actual physical water sprayer. The water sprayer is nice because it also gets rid of the rest of the black and gray water waste that didn't get flushed through. Camping World has tons of **** to help ya with your **** issues.:D

Some times debrie can make a senser give a false reading on the grey and black holding tanks.

Fill the tanks up comlpetely befor emptying. Add a half a cup of laundry detergent to the holding tanks, fill with water, and drive to where you are going to empty your tanks. The laundy soap leaves a slippery film on every thing and the sloshing around helps debrie from sticking to the side of the holding tanks and cleans the inside.

I fill my tanks copletely 3 times when emptying them out to be sure all the crap is out of them (at least the black water tank) Empty teh black first, teh gray water is just sink water so it will help remove any crap from the lines.

No electric jacks, sorry :booo:

No electric jacks.......Managed to dump my tanks tonight without getting **** on me so that's a plus.:awesomework:
Minus though is it seems the gray and black water tank gages aren't reading right.:booo:...Battery didn't want to charge so I took it out and took a look to find it completely dry of water. Filled it up and hooked up a trickle charger and it seems to be charging.......
If that battery doesn't hold up...let me know.:;

Really? You guys are such Susie homemakers you cant live in the woods for a week with no oven? wtf? :haha:

Im gonna get a shirt printed up, "real men dont need ovens". :kissmyass:

You guys are there to KILL things and you need an oven? Ill get ya some rainbow mitts before hunting season.:haha:

Duuuuudddee..

Hunting is hiking in the woods with guns AND eating like a royal king.
I eat better in the woods than any 5 star diner. Especially if Elk hunting. Dad (he's 73 now) is the best damn cook ('cept my wife) that I've ever had the lip smackin' pleasure of tastin'. We eat like kings. Fresh baked deserts, breads, you name it. Ymmmm.

you can also dump 1/2 to a full bag of ice in to the toilet befor driving to dump/home the ice acts like bbs and knocks off all the sh*t and helps break all the stuff in there down.

I've never done anything other than pull the black chute followed by the grey chute and then add deoterant. Never had a problem. Empty more frequently in hot weather.

Another easy way to clean your sensors is to fill the tank to about 3/4 the way full, and dump a bag of crushed ice down the toilet. Drive around for awhile and let the ice scrub em clean. A guy at the RV place told my Dad about it. Works good. :awesomework:

cordless drill motor though:redneck:

Rick....I could make you a socket adapter on the lathe with some dimensions:redneck:

Essentially, that's what I did.

My camper came with two crank handles, so I cut one off, and turned it down to fit into my portable, electric drill. You have to use the real crank to raise the weight of the camper, but once it's raised, the electric drill does a great job of eliminating all the hand-twist motions trying to retract the jacks. Also works great lowering the jacks before the weight becomes involved.

If yours has hydraulic jacks (like my old camper), there are rebuild kits available at the camper-dealers. They'll start leaking with time. Make sure you don't overfill 'em (uses regular jack oil).

The crank jacks are easier to use than the hydraulic jacks.

Thanks but I think I can make it out of a 12 pt socket real easy. I went to buy one and it was like $50.:haha: Yeah right!:rolleyes:

Go to Sears and get a square drive socket that fits (like $6 IIRC, then adapt it to the drill motor!!! a 12pt socket will eventually round it off (assuming we're talking crank style jacks!)...

Latest posts