• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Slide-In Truck Camper Wiring Question

the_white_shadow

So over the Memorial weekend i used my camper wheeling and the AC kept tripping the 30-amp breaker (main breaker) in the control panel after about 5 mins of use. Truck camper is a 1996 Fleetwood angler. Does anyone know how to remove and replace this breaker? It appears to be integrated into the control panel and isnt as easily accessible as one in a house or a shop. I didnt want to tear the entire thing apart while camping. I was going to try and change out this breaker first to narrow down the issue.

Breaker gets slightly warm to the touch before it trips. The AC is on its own 20-amp breaker in the same panel but doesnt trip. I was using my generator and was not on shore power. However once i got home yesterday i plugged it in to the shop and it still tripped after a short while on. While on for the 5-mins it runs a cold as it usually does.

Thoughts? Think its the original breaker or maybe something with AC unit up top?

the_white_shadow said:
So over the Memorial weekend i used my camper wheeling and the AC kept tripping the 30-amp breaker (main breaker) in the control panel after about 5 mins of use. Truck camper is a 1996 Fleetwood angler. Does anyone know how to remove and replace this breaker? It appears to be integrated into the control panel and isnt as easily accessible as one in a house or a shop. I didnt want to tear the entire thing apart while camping. I was going to try and change out this breaker first to narrow down the issue.

Breaker gets slightly warm to the touch before it trips. The AC is on its own 20-amp breaker in the same panel but doesnt trip. I was using my generator and was not on shore power. However once i got home yesterday i plugged it in to the shop and it still tripped after a short while on. While on for the 5-mins it runs a cold as it usually does.

Thoughts? Think its the original breaker or maybe something with AC unit up top?

You can buy a new panel on Amazon and swap to household breakers, or search PPL an see about their sales. Take 59 south exit beltway feeder and Uturn, it'll be directly on your right at the intersection. Otherwise, possibly get a meter and check for continuity to ensure there is no short?

Pic of the panel.
sjW4F32n-xkBzlZXpzeMr_h5sKZVTlIGv-lxcCGYOpYL9vT1WbtwyALr-L6-aGsvImcwTlVos2yB9gGWOWlUdZlkCJ3zZ2--s6ruYLXY-Wd39s07cLJMpTw8TpM0Vq41q29Wc_za9w=w1100

I ended up having to drill out 9 spot welds to get the front of the panel off to access the breakers. Im sure its meant to be replaced as one integrated unit, but ill be just replacing the 4 breakers and bolting it all back together. indeed the wire to the 30A was burnt/melted and just fell out.

Poolman: Smoke/Carbon monoxide detector is new.