• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SLORV - February 17-19, 2012 - First Annual Gorilla Run

Re: First Annual Gorilla Run @ Superlift in Hot Springs AR FEB. 17-19

zebrajeep said:
I'd love to see a bounty put on "Too Easy." It's spectator friendly and always a great show!

I think its been a while but ive seen vids of a bunch of people makeing it. I would think a bounty would need to be on something not yet made.

Knox called me today There are campsites still available at Superlift Orv park, but they are filling up fast if you need a campsite you might want to call and reserve one!
Thanks
Rick

Comp or no comp, I'd just like to see all the southeast boys run a lot of the trails there. Too Easy, Quicksand, Johns N More, etc. Those trails don't get as much traffic as the others cause most folks ain't got a rig capable enough. I sure as hell can't make em' in my rig.

I have never been to this park and I am thinking about making the trip for this event, Is the park and campground pretty easy to get into with a 60ft long rig ?

GIZMO1 said:
I have never been to this park and I am thinking about making the trip for this event, Is the park and campground pretty easy to get into with a 60ft long rig ?

When I roll in, I'm 80' and change... yea it's not bad at all. Although an event of this magnitude, I'd recommend getting there early :eat:

hey gizmo,been there about 7 yrs ago with my fithwheel. you should have no prob.

Always wanted to go to this place - may try to make this - if I can get any anyone to drive 5.5 hours

J.A.B said:
Always wanted to go to this place - may try to make this - if I can get any anyone to drive 5.5 hours
come on josh,we driving 10hrs.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's plenty of room for bigger rigs. Been there with a 4 car wedge with no problems. As already stated the bigger weekends do get packed so getting there early is helpful.

ScottLemon said:
come on josh,we driving 10hrs.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Belive I will - sounds fun.

Looks like the 40 and under only pays $1,000 to win. Wonder if I can get in the bigger class with the 39's. Dang small tires screwing me again!!

J.A.B said:
Belive I will - sounds fun.

Looks like the 40 and under only pays $1,000 to win. Wonder if I can get in the bigger class with the 39's. Dang small tires screwing me again!!
YES! You can choose to "PLAY UP"

J.A.B said:

I'll drive your truck out there...

Looks like Campcook has a full plate!! We had an awesome time at the VIP party at this years Easter Jeep. You wowed everyone with your Cajun cooking. Then wheeled with you, Shannon Cambell, Chris Durham, Walker Evens, Harold Off (RIP), the guy who owns Premiere Welder and whole bunch of other fella's in the rock crawling world. You seem to know everyone and everyone seems to know you! Beautiful rig too.
I'm sure you'll be the one who builds this Bounty trail so please make it tough. After watching you take the lead on the VIP ride at EJS and spotting and guiding, I would have to assume you are in charge of this Gorilla run. I can testify from experience, you'll put on an awesome ride.
Look forward to maybe meeting you. Good luck when the talkers don't show up to work, e-mail me and I;ll do my darnest to help out!!
Swamp rat

jrhall said:
I'll drive your truck out there...

That's not exactly what I meant Mr Hall.... but Ill see if the old lady is going

Why don't we just take your truck........

One motel less than 3 miles away.
http://mobile.usablenet.com/mt/www.knightsinn.com/KnightsInn/control/home?un_jtt_redirect

Others couple miles farther

Knights Inn 1871 E. Grand Avenue Hot Springs, Arkansas 71901 (501)-624-4436 web: www.theknightsinn.com/hotspringsar13162
mention The Gorilla Run @ the ORV Park and they will give 10% discount

KOA Hot Springs 838 McClendon Rd. Hot Springs, Arkansas 71901 (501)-624-5912 or (800)-562-5903
mention The Gorilla Run@ the ORV Park and they will give 15% discount on cabins or rv sites

Catherines Landing 1700 Shady Grove Rd Hot Springs, Arkansas 71901 (501)-262-2550 or (971)-235-6920 email: [email protected]
Brad Boler General Manager: Cottages, Yurts, & rv sites minutes from the bypass and Orv park Hot Springs newest outdoor destination
mention The Gorilla Run@ the ORV Park and they will give 10% discount on cabins or rv sites