• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Smith Motorsports' "HillBilly Deluxe" - feature shoot

Speeding

Forum member #1
Hardline Crawler
Justin Tune of Mountain View, MO new Smith Motorsports chassis just rolled out of the shop today. This buggy went from a stack of tube to full turn key ready to wheel in less than 7 weeks, never cutting a corner or sparing an expense.

The motor is an LS6 with new cam and computer, estimated to push out around 500HP. Custom headers built in-house; 1 3/4" primary tubes to 3 1/2" collector with small collector mufflers. In-tank Aeromotive fuel pump for better pump cooling. PRC 31x19 radiator with dual 16" fans.
TH400 reverse manual valvebody with a TCI 3000 stall.
Atlas 3.8.
14 Bolts front and rear with chromo shafts and CTM joints and Smith Motorsports tube trusses.

120" Wheelbase
87" track width
58.5" Chassis width
68.5" overall height
21" belly height

Photoalbum here:
http://www.rickybphotography.com/Rig-Features/HillBilly-Delux-Smith

DSC1844-M.jpg

DSC0115-M.jpg

DSC1749-M.jpg

DSC1783-M.jpg

DSC1759-M.jpg

DSC0071-M.jpg

check engine light is pretty cool:
DSC1795-M.jpg

Roofbars were designed to resemble a rib cage
DSC1794-M.jpg

All the vitals are well protected:
DSC0125-M.jpg

High light of the day... I asked Jimmy how many chassis he thinks have rolled out of the shop since he started building them, he thought a good long while and told me "this one is about #80". :eek: Crazy!!

Great looking buggy with good parts.

80 chassis's that's pretty crazy right there

Has to be one of my favorites! The work put into these crawlers is an art, I wish I had just a quarter of the tallent these guys have!

Buggy looks great and I can't believe that was a seven week turn around!

Interested to see how the CTM's hold up in comparison to RCV's.

Humpy said:
Who made the inner shafts for the front 14? Good lookin ride!

I asked Jimmy and he wasn't sure, the axles were pretty much built before he got them. Maybe the new owner will post up on the specs I missed.

Good looking ride for sure!

Only thing I see wrong is the exhaust looks like an accident waiting to happen. Seems like it would at least have some expanded metal over it to protect a leg from touching it while bouncing around or in a rollover.

j-mox said:

Only thing I see wrong is the exhaust looks like an accident waiting to happen. Seems like it would at least have some expanded metal over it to protect a leg from touching it while bouncing around or in a rollover.

Guess you'd learn real quick not tot ouch that after doing that the first time! Hadn't noticed that in the earlier pictures.

j-mox said:

It looks like the headers are Jet Coated. The way the jet coating does the heat you should be able to touch your boots to them and not melt them. That's what the company advertises anyways. I had some motorcycle headers jet coated one time and I never melted my boots on them.

First, there is not enough good things I can say about Jimmy and Tommy they are above and beyond great people to do business with. They know what they are doing....Saturday was the first time the buggy has ever been wheeled and she climbed a bounty hill....SMITH BUILT, enough said.

Second, a big thanks to the Autrey's for there unlimited knowledge of how an LS motor should run..

Third, Jason the 14-bolt got crammed hard in some under cuts and kept gettin it thanks..

Fourth, Ricky B awesome job with a camera....

Thanks for all the compliments....

Humpy said:
Who made the inner shafts for the front 14? Good lookin ride!
Yukon Hardcore Dana 60 Inner Blanks. I had cut to length, splinned and turn down for the seal area. Randy's Ring and Pinion