• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Snap-On MM250SL Mig,Tig Opinions..Worth?

zayne2427

There's only one way to find out
Main question is what is this machine worth?
Bought a used Muscle Mig/Tig MM250SL with big aspirations on teaching myself to tig weld mainly to be able to mess around with some aluminum panels and whatnot. The machine came with all of the tig attachments and hoses as well as a brand new never used Aluminum spool gun still in the box and a roll of unopened wire in the gun.
The machine was bought new about 6-8 years ago. Less than half a spool of wire was ran through the machine and then has sat for the last 3 years. I know the guy personally and he was selling off a bunch of his tools so i went ahead a picked this up. But, I don't even have a 220 outlet at my house right now and tired of it taking up space. (house was supposed to be sold and was going to build a shop but my house sale fell through and shop won't be built at current location) so i have been thinking about selling the whole kit and caboodle together and putting the money elsewhere since i don't weld much anyhow. I know to snap-on worshippers this thing is pretty expensive new but in the real world what is an actual fair price for the machine with all of the accessories or... should i just keep the dang thing

I've owned one of these welders for about 10 years. It was used when I got it,its never give me any trouble. If you picked it up cheap better hang on to it!!

I own it's little brother the MM140SL, it's a great 110v welder I just don't use it much anymore since I got my Miller 251. I need to get mine out and blow the dust off of it and give it a workout. I got mine cheap on Craigslist, no way I'd pay anywhere close to retail for them though. A buddy of mine had the 250SL for a while, I welded with it a few times, and it was smooth as could be. He traded it for a smaller welder because he does more sheetmetal work than anything, but I still told him he was crazy when he did it.

I'm not sure about the 250, but the 140 is 100% duty cycle. That detachable wire feeder is handy too.

If you need any snap on tools that you might would use more, get a snap on man to see what the trade value would be. I've heard they give full retail price towards other tools on trade in for other snap on stuff....I've never owned the stuff, too high for my taste. Just what I've heard tho

KXCRAWLER13 said:
No No don't wire it up just bring it to my shop I'll show you how it works

I'm sure you would. I may go head and sell the whole setup. I found another toy I am wanting and could use the cash to put towards it

I bought one new last year .. from what I gather , its made by Century . very smooth welder , and I love the remote feed unit . the TIG setup is ok , not the greatest . (compared to the Syncrowave or Dynasty I use at the shop ) but I love it . not worth the 8 grand I ended up paying for it with interest off the truck though . if I had the cash I would have bought a miller cash .

Yeah I noticed the machine is 4400 brand new, the aluminum spool gun is 1500 and tig attachment was 665. Couldnt believe how high they were but everyone that has one seems to like it. I'm trying to buy a new toy so I will prob go ahead and sell this one though

if you do PM me , id be interested in the spool gun . I didn't pull the trigger on that when I got mine . the machine and TIG setup tapped out my limit :'(