• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Snarls JR a Southern buggy Mutt

salmonfacesalad

I have another RC Southern Buggy chassis project to build up.This go around its not a mimic or scaled down version of a real Southern Rock Rod, its more of a mix-matched mutt. This chassis takes styling cues from various buggies all while having a bit of flare on its own.

This chassis was fabricated by Ecoli, he is a member here on Hardlinecrawlers, thanks Chris :drinkers:

Its still in the build up stage and may take some time to complete, but it will get done. Its currently a mint green but it will get powdercoated "HULK GREEN" or purple.

5852301715_5aecff02be.jpg

here it is with axles that have a centered pumpkin and wheel spacers and IROKS

5852301695_44398bd44e.jpg

now with the AR60 axles, that have an offset pumpkin and are much wider. the diffs can be serviced on these axles via the diff cover thumb.gif

ScootyPuffjr022.jpg

ScootyPuffjr023.jpg

ScootyPuffjr024.jpg

ScootyPuffjr025.jpg

Going with Mayhem Monster XS beadlocks ( Raceline Monster S ) for this build, not sure if I will stick with TSL's. Im thinking maybe cut Boggers...who knows

SNARLSJR006.jpg

VP Heavy Duty steering knuckles, chubs, Titanium tie rod, and Ti draglink intstalled

VPsteering001.jpg

more to come soon

It is stupid how over the top they go on this. I'm amazed every time I see a copy of a tire or wheel or knuckle or diff laughing1
That is so badass, I just never knew **** like that was out there. Wonder what the tire/wheel companies think. I'd be stoked that someone was emulating me in a fashion that could never ever do anything but help my business.

Thanks guys :dblthumb:

The tire companies think it's great to be honest.

Super Swamper, Mickey T/ **** Cepek, and Pitbull all have given permission and/ or licensed various RC tires. Pit bull makes their own RC tires.

salmonfacesalad said:
Thanks guys :dblthumb:

The tire companies think it's great to be honest.

Super Swamper, Mickey T/ **** Cepek, and Pitbull all have given permission and/ or licensed various RC tires. Pit bull makes their own RC tires.
kind of what I figured. It can't do anything but help business, it's free advertising.

Man these little rigs are awesome. What is an estimate on your build cost? I would love to start one for the new family member. :dblthumb:

blacksheep10 said:
kind of what I figured. It can't do anything but help business, it's free advertising.

Im sure it helps sell more of the real tires, anyway to to get their company name out there I guess. Hell I even think that BFG has a deal with Traxxas for CORR racing trucks with KM2's.

zukiscott said:
DAMMIT MAN.........I want one ;D

Trust me they are fun, you could always build a sami, this sami is not mine
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166762&page=11&highlight=samurai

HPIM4202.jpg

Here is a BLOWER Buggy of sorts, again not mine

IMGP8442.jpg

onetoncrawler said:
thats just awesome

drool

Thanks man ;D

Hotrod said:
Man these little rigs are awesome. What is an estimate on your build cost? I would love to start one for the new family member. :dblthumb:

Thank you, I'd say when its all done and ready to wheel...about $1200 or so. Thats not skimping on any of the bling, anyone could very well get close with about $500-$600. Its not cheap, and you if you wheel hard your gonna break and need to upgrade things sooner or later.

If you want to just rock crawl then parts will not break very often.

Cole said:
Thats Pretty Bangin right there.

Thanks :drinkers:, what tires do you guys think I should run? Cut boggers, TSL SX's, a TSL Bogger combo, or this:

ax12015-ripsaw-tire-03.jpg

Looking good so far. I see VP has the new aftermarket diff covers out. I'd still wait for some official ARB repros though.

Those rings look familiar. Oh yeah, that's right, I had those same ones made up for a set of wheels I've got ;D

qs2zic.jpg

John (MTHead) does some great work at an awesome price thumb.gif

Good looking rings for sure! Just wish he made them in aluminum. I've been Thinkin bout upgrading my chassis...
279743_10150327983986999_515036998_9908208_6268904_o.jpg

Ecoli, PM sent!

Run the TSL/ Bogger combo the only problem I can see with that is Prolines TSL is 5.5'', and RC4WD's Bogger is a big sum buck measuring in at 5.7''. I say reduce the Boggers or Make some Taller TSL's and then Cut the boggers and do a TN cut of the tsl's.

b5010 said:
Combo
How much for the frame?

The frames cost anywhere from $150 to $300+ depends of time, labor, materials, and design

5BrothersFabrication said:
Run the combo, then do a Tennessee cut job on 'em.

Im gonna run the Boggers on all four corners for now, but the Boggers will get cut.

Speeding said:
Needs rings like these:
284459_10150244921851868_89226301867_7482793_5664306_n.jpg

MThead (I think that's his S/N) on RCCrawler made those for me... Sick.

I contacted John ( MThead ) hes got those sawblade rings in the works for me now, he going to get them to fit the Mayehem Monster ( Raceline ) beadlocks

Looking good so far. I see VP has the new aftermarket diff covers out. I'd still wait for some official ARB repros though.

Those rings look familiar. Oh yeah, that's right, I had those same ones made up for a set of wheels I've got ;D

qs2zic.jpg

John (MTHead) does some great work at an awesome price thumb.gif

Thanks Chris :dblthumb: I picked up some Crane look alike metal diff covers, untill ARB ones come out these will do.

71_burton said:
Run the TSL/ Bogger combo the only problem I can see with that is Prolines TSL is 5.5'', and RC4WD's Bogger is a big sum buck measuring in at 5.7''. I say reduce the Boggers or Make some Taller TSL's and then Cut the boggers and do a TN cut of the tsl's.

Oh yes i see what your sayin. Thats the reason Im not going to run the combo now, the two tires are different widths and heights, plus the skinny ones (boggers) would be in the rear and that wouldn't look right, the TSL's are fat.
[/Boggers are here and the VP diff covers are on.I'm now just waiting on Ti front links from VP.

boggers001.jpg

boggers002.jpg

boggers003.jpg

boggers004.jpg
quote]