• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Snow in the South?

I've lived in Tennessee all my life first half in middle tn an now in the east . every year seems worse on every school closing early or closed all together. Heck even some business is doing it now!? Just cracks me up :****:

I really hope it's not that bad in the morning. I really have to be at work because I'm the only one that can open the gate or I have to contact a different Warehouse to come do it for me and I don't like people having to bail me out of ****.

Ended up working 2nd shift (3:30-12) for a night so the 2nd boss could do a daddy-daughter deal at school, ended up leaving at 8 because my guys working for me live in the boondocks where they get WAY more snow than we do.

But I did get a bunch of hooning done on the way home. Did a full drift all the way around the Arby's from entrance to exit.

This is why they don't need to be "tough yankees" up north in the snow. This is my oldest boy in Columbus Ohio-
06d35565b4c4f34b5f5fbfeb21db2b9d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Re:

Actually most school districts have got smart with scheduling by adding 30 min extra a day, plus just adding more days, that way snow days are built in.

My wife's county can miss 13 days without having to make up to time or change scheduled holidays/graduation

tonybolton said:
I really hope it's not that bad in the morning. I really have to be at work because I'm the only one that can open the gate or I have to contact a different Warehouse to come do it for me and I don't like people having to bail me out of ****.

What time you leaving in the mourning am head to Chattanooga in the morning should be rolling through Knoxville around 5 AM.

Re:

What kind of heat sources do y'all ninjas use that live up north? Its 12 degrees here at 3am and my heat pump unit will run.and run, cut off for maybe 2 minutes, and start back again. Can't wait to see the power bill for this cold ass month....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TacomaJD said:
What kind of heat sources do y'all ninjas use that live up north? Its 12 degrees here at 3am and my heat pump unit will run.and run, cut off for maybe 2 minutes, and start back again. Can't wait to see the power bill for this cold ass month....

I run a heat pump, left the baseboard heat installed to supplement if needed. Propane backup if power goes out.

I never understood all the freaking out over snow, especially in regards to school/work. You can get around whether it's an inch or a foot, just takes a little longer. But once you're there, you're there! That being said, I'd be lying if I said I never called off due to snow. But then I'd just spend the day driving around in it anyway.

I use propane and have a cheap wood stove as well. The wood stove gets the job done when I'm home to keep it filled but it burns out over night or when were at work. Should of bought nicer one but didn't expect it to do as good of a job at heating the house as it does. Holding off on buying a new one because we're gonna be building a house and it'll have a wood furnace in the basement that will the into the ducts for a propane furnace as well.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I can remember "back in the day" ( 63' I believe, I was in 3rd or 4th grade), we would get a snow and the moms would start calling the school super to see if there was school. He announced on the radio" if there is 12 inches or less there WILL be school in Cumberland county tennessee". Now , well you know what happens now.

Re: Re: Snow in the South?

86chevota said:
What time you leaving in the mourning am head to Chattanooga in the morning should be rolling through Knoxville around 5 AM.
I leave at 7am. I'm up now at 5:30 And have seen a few cars driving on the hwy. I've only got about a 40ft drive to the main road. Just hoping it's not ice on that small section (uphill of course)

Re: Re:

TacomaJD said:

Doin the heat pump as well. The original shitty unit that came with this house I've had to baby for the past 2 or 3 years. I've always had high utility bill but I just figured that's what it was.

At the end of summer last year the unit finally crapped out and I just went ahead and did a complete new from A to Z.

Even with the 7 and 12 degree temperatures and the auxiliary heat staying on sometimes... I just got my first utility bill from this coldness and it's seriously $50 less than it used to be.

The guy putting it in told me that I would see anywhere from 40 to $80 difference in my utility bill because the old one was so shity.

I'm doing the pipeline relocation in lenoir city so we will be over soon. I also done the pipeline relocate on the bridge job as well as over by the school. There will be construction work in lenoir city today

My primary heat is fuel oil, I got a killer shady deal on some for a buck a gallon this year so I bought 500 gallons and should get me through the winter I hope, but when I'm home I use the wood burner, I can get it 77 degrees where my thermostat is so its over 80 in my living room, we've only been in this house since thanksgiving and my woman is starting to fire the stove at night when she gets home from work, can't believe more of ya southerners don't have wood burners with all the timber industry and and the amount of wooded areas

Well they didn't lie...Said it would be 1" - 2". I guess they forgot to mention they were talking about salt not snow. ::)

I musta have seen ten state trucks on the way in........It's 35* and not even snowing yet!!!!

Hell the other week when it actually did snow, it took me 2-1/2 hours to get home ( Normally it's a 45 min ride ) cause there wasn't a single plow truck on the roads.

ForMud said:
Well they didn't lie...Said it would be 1" - 2". I guess they forgot to mention they were talking about salt not snow. ::)

I musta have seen ten state trucks on the way in........It's 35* and not even snowing yet!!!!

Hell the other week when it actually did snow, it took me 2-1/2 hours to get home ( Normally it's a 45 min ride ) cause there wasn't a single plow truck on the roads.

1st world problems...

LOL

I'm at work now. I'm surprised how good the 2wd Silver-A-Doh did in the neighborhood/side road snow. Must be dat Gov-Lok and Ebay OHATSU tires! :)