• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

So i bought a 51 Whilly

did the best i could to droop out the tight side and looks like everything will clear nicely. driveshaft seems to be ok also. if i could just find the right yoke for the front.:redneck:

was gonna mount the little rear winch on the diff housing but it would not convieniently (sp?) fit between the top links. So its now in its happy home. will need a pully for the rear suck down attachment.

Attachments

• P1010244.JPG
    P1010244.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 266
  • P1010245.JPG
    P1010245.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 253
  • P1010246.JPG
    P1010246.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 258
  • P1010247.JPG
    P1010247.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 247
so did you come up with a plan to get this thing wired up:corn:

other than the orbital wont fit where i want it to. looks like an Odessy PC1200M in my future.

naw didnt hear from Brad today?

Did you talk to your buddy about the plug n play harness?

how much room is there between the upper link and the exhaust at full twist/drop on the pass side? **** looks tight!!!

i did unfortunitly i will have a hard time getting ahold of the kid that now owns it as he is in the service now... also the 60 locker is going to another friend of his already.

how much room is there between the upper link and the exhaust at full twist/drop on the pass side? **** looks tight!!!

it has a lot more than what it looks like in the picture, actually has over an inch.:awesomework:

:awesomework: so when shall i burn it in:D

im running out of things to mount. need more money, all the little expensive things like navigation system/speedo, weatherproof speakers that sound good, new battery, BUMP STOPS:haha: :booo:

other than the orbital wont fit where i want it to. looks like an Odessy PC1200M in my future.

Sorry dude, I didn't get back from diving in time to make it over yesterday to take a look. I'm out most of this week as well so it'll have to wait until early next week.

You have lots to keep yourself busy with in the mean time :rockon:

No problem Brad. id appreciate the help. some of my electrical components will have to come later but i pretty much have an idea of what all i want so we can just leave a place/wires for em.

Anyone know a local sorce for Odessy batterys?

so i dinked around this weekend with mounting little things like:

remote oil filter
steering resevoiur
made up some plumbing

Will be ordering a new battery today and really starting to think about this wiring issue.

should i go with my harness from original vehicle and just thin it. or buy a premade 18 circut harness from summit or howell EFI?

since the original vehicle had a E-transmission will i have to get a different ECM? or can it be reflashed?

Brad might you be available to come over and see what i have to work with and steer me in the right direction? any weekend day or m-f after 3 would be ok if you can find some time let me know.:awesomework:

I used the factory harness from the donor vehicle. It was relatively labor intensive, but not too bad, all things considered.

When we salvaged the donor motor, we were particularly careful to unplug, unbolt, unscrew and systematically remove the entire (and I mean entire) wiring harness from the donor 'Burb. Then, by using a factory manual, we were able to identify each wire, and remove those that weren't needed.

It cost nothing but a little time.

I used the factory harness from the donor vehicle. It was relatively labor intensive, but not too bad, all things considered.

When we salvaged the donor motor, we were particularly careful to unplug, unbolt, unscrew and systematically remove the entire (and I mean entire) wiring harness from the donor 'Burb. Then, by using a factory manual, we were able to identify each wire, and remove those that weren't needed.

It cost nothing but a little time.

i was very carefull when removing the old harness, i just dont know what i need to keep and what can go...

should i keep it smogable?

what stuff comes on a 92 CPI that i dont need?

Last edited:
added some flanges to the exhaust so it can be removed without pulling the engine, and the 02 bung.

worked on the rear diff cover, i need a suckdown point as well as some place to clamp it while it gets milled for a gasket surface. probably tack another one on the other end then grind it off after machine.

bumpstops and battery should be here by the weekend:cheer:

Attachments

• P1010248.JPG
    P1010248.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 289
  • P1010249.JPG
    P1010249.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
12/6 progress

New battery box. its kinda cool as it has a built in hold down by sliding under the angle bar. then when the three bolts are added at is completely harnessed, sucker dont move.

made another can to hold the fuel pump, from muffler pipe and a piece of 1/2" tube. with a piece of rubber around the pump it fits perfect.

also redid the rear seat mounts as im tired of fighting with it. it seams every time i do something new it makes the back seat not fit again.:haha:
just made some tabs that stick up through the floor instead of the seat tabs droping through the floor. the existing threaded tube can now be the seat belt mount.:awesomework:

Attachments

• P1010250.JPG
    P1010250.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 242
  • P1010251.JPG
    P1010251.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 241
  • P1010252.JPG
    P1010252.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 238
  • P1010253.JPG
    P1010253.JPG